• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member from Juneau, AK

johnkrumm

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi folks,

After considering half a dozen bikes I finally decided to take a chance on the NC700x. I'm 47 now, haven't ridden since a gpz550 back in the early nineties, and like the general good gas mileage, take it easy torque curve, low-mass frunky concept. We have two dealers in town for street bikes, Honda and Harley, and I didn't see a Harley offered I cared to get. The Honda dealer had none in stock, just a few cbr's, cruisers, dirt bikes, and tons of ATV's, rows and rows of them. But he looked it up and is ordering one with the center stand, heated grips, and accessory plug. Might take a few weeks but we just got 6 inches of snow so I'm not fretting. Looking forward to exploring our 70 miles of roads, and taking it on a 4 hour ferry trip to Skagway where I can then ride into the Yukon and Whitehorse and elsewhere. Need a good windshield though, as the pass can get nasty.

Been reading all the threads and looking forward to joining in more when I get the bike.

John K.

Welcome from Oregon. Enjoy the ride when you get it. Only 70 miles of roads. Bummer. Somehow spending a ton of money for a Harley just wouldn't seem worth it. You made the right choice.

Welcome from Oregon. Enjoy the ride when you get it. Only 70 miles of roads. Bummer. Somehow spending a ton of money for a Harley just wouldn't seem worth it. You made the right choice.

70 miles of roads actually sounds about right for a Harley to me.

I have ridden into Skagway from the Yukon and that is one sweet riding area. I would be a frequent traveler of the Marine Highway if I lived in Juneau. Whitehorse would not see very much of me other than passing north towards Dawson or south into BC. Or, hang a left at Haines Junction and into Destruction Bay.

Greetings and welcome from West Virginia. Although I've never been to Juneau, I loved Seward and Homer. Our last dinner out before we left was at the Lands End at the end of the spit. Funny you join tonight, because 10 years ago today was my first trip to Alaska. Was also the day the war in Iraq started and still remember the trepidation all the passengers felt at the LAX airport. Also really enjoyed the Chena Hot Springs in Fairbanks. Was the first real sighting of the Aurora I witnessed.

Edit: Meant Fresno airport.

Welcome from the lower 48! Glad to hear you've joined the group.

I got a chance to visit your area last spring. Beautiful! And it actually didn't rain much that day. :D

Greg

It was really nice there both times the wife and I were doing the cruise thing. Rode a Mtn bike tour on the 1st time through Juneau, beautiful area and brewery too. Wish I had been on a NC then.

Hi folks,

After considering half a dozen bikes I finally decided to take a chance on the NC700x. I'm 47 now, haven't ridden since a gpz550 back in the early nineties, and like the general good gas mileage, take it easy torque curve, low-mass frunky concept. We have two dealers in town for street bikes, Honda and Harley, and I didn't see a Harley offered I cared to get. The Honda dealer had none in stock, just a few cbr's, cruisers, dirt bikes, and tons of ATV's, rows and rows of them. But he looked it up and is ordering one with the center stand, heated grips, and accessory plug. Might take a few weeks but we just got 6 inches of snow so I'm not fretting. Looking forward to exploring our 70 miles of roads, and taking it on a 4 hour ferry trip to Skagway where I can then ride into the Yukon and Whitehorse and elsewhere. Need a good windshield though, as the pass can get nasty.

Been reading all the threads and looking forward to joining in more when I get the bike.

John K.

Welcome from the Great White Nor... er... "East", John! :D

I've always thought it was a shame there isn't a road in from Say, Deese Lake, over to Juneau. :(

Welcome from SW Missouri! I can't wait to be able to ride in your state! Don't read any post Beemerphile has commented on. (Unless you have a lot of self control)
These guys have a lot of great ideas and its cost me a lot of money! But its been well worth it. Glad you joined.

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone. Lots of motorcyclists up here despite the weather. Back when I lived in Anchorage I enjoyed a GS750E with its big mattress seat.

This is me on the back on my dad's Norton Atlas, on the way to a fishing trip judging by the creels (living in CA at the time)... Talk about adventure riding...

PB215626-L.jpg

Back