• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Machine In The Garage

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Brenda and I brought home a 1999 Miata last weekend. It's 10th Anniversary Edition #4159. It had only 1 meticulous owner from 8 miles on the odometer. In addition to a cosmetically near perfect car I got all the service records and enough spares to fill the back of our CR-V. The car ran great on a test drive and then scampered happily 240 miles to its new home. This week I've been hip-deep in Miata forums and in and under the car changing fluids and making notes for projects. For the time being there is no new motorcycle in my forebrain, just all things Miata.

Driving it takes me back 40 years to a time when an MGC was my daily driver and it's something we can do together as Brenda doesn't ride pillion. I expect the Mazda to be more reliable and keep it's fluids in the proper places, unlike how the MG performed this basic function :). This car has a ST1300 and ST-Owners connection through the previous owner and a ST1300 buddy who have worked together a number of years so it was kind of neat how the car came into my sphere through a motorcycle riding friendship.

You're going to lover this car. I have an '07 and it's the most fun car I've ever driven. The entire reason for buying it was that it was the closest thing I could find to riding a motorcycle without actually being on a motorcycle. Also, if you're looking for projects, there's no end to what you can do this car with only simple bolt on upgrades. The only limitation will be your wallet.

The last car bought my x was a special edition Miata. '97 , I think. It was a great car! Put a power pulley on it and it is even greater!
I use to ride around with my friend in his '68 MGB. The Miata is SO MUCH more car than the old Mg
Don't go to www.monstermiata.com

Congrats on the new vehicle...I still miss my convertible...top down, slurpee in hand, going for a cruze *nostalgic sigh*

By far the best drivers car you can buy under $50k (you can get a good used one for a tenth of that). The most fun car I have ever driven, and I have driven 100s of cars. Sure it has nowhere near the performance of the Porsche 911 GT3 or other now ridiculously priced European sports cars, but that is not where the beauty of the Miata lies. Remember the sheer joy of racing go karts around the track at an amusement park as a kid... that is what the Miata is in a road car that you can flog to red line and race to every light. When it feels like you are doing 100 mph you look down at the speedo and see its only 50 mph, brilliant!

PS They are as reliable as a hammer.

Enjoy !

How I Became an Accidental Miata Enthusiast

I've always liked the miata and thought it would be a blast, especially with some upgrades. Sharp car by the way.

I really like your Miata. I came very close to purchasing the Miata, but I bought the vette Z. I had a TR3 a long long time ago, when I was in college. My only problem with a sports car is getting my wife to give it back once in a long while so I can drive it! Give you one guess who picked my sports car!

Last edited:
Nice find. Looks like a beauty. I've always liked those things although I've never driven one. I had two Fiat 124s back in the 70s and 80s and drove the first one from California to New Jersey and back in the first month I owned it. What a blast. I loved driving those, but my guess is they wouldn't compare to that Miata.

Nice find. Looks like a beauty. I've always liked those things although I've never driven one. I had two Fiat 124s back in the 70s and 80s and drove the first one from California to New Jersey and back in the first month I owned it. What a blast. I loved driving those, but my guess is they wouldn't compare to that Miata.

Fiat's making a 125 again. You can get a brand new one if you like! Only thing is it's a restyled Miata with a turbocharged Fiat engine. They're even made in the same factory. .

You're going to lover this car. I have an '07 and it's the most fun car I've ever driven. The entire reason for buying it was that it was the closest thing I could find to riding a motorcycle without actually being on a motorcycle. Also, if you're looking for projects, there's no end to what you can do this car with only simple bolt on upgrades. The only limitation will be your wallet.
Brenda doesn't ride pillion so we looked for a Miata so we could ride together in something as close to a motorcycle on 4 wheels so I completely understand your reasoning.

By far the best drivers car you can buy under $50k (you can get a good used one for a tenth of that). The most fun car I have ever driven, and I have driven 100s of cars. Sure it has nowhere near the performance of the Porsche 911 GT3 or other now ridiculously priced European sports cars, but that is not where the beauty of the Miata lies. Remember the sheer joy of racing go karts around the track at an amusement park as a kid... that is what the Miata is in a road car that you can flog to red line and race to every light. When it feels like you are doing 100 mph you look down at the speedo and see its only 50 mph, brilliant!

PS They are as reliable as a hammer.

Enjoy !

How I Became an Accidental Miata Enthusiast
Thanks for the link. Peter Egan is my favorite automotive/motorcycle writer. He's earned retirement but I really miss his column in Cycle World. I've pretty much quit reading CW anymore since he's been gone. The half speed thing is absolutely true. I first read that in a column he wrote about a Honda Benly Touring 150 and it is true about the Miata.

Great looking cabrio! I am so jealous! ( cozy I am also hunting for a cabrio)
But 8 miles? Was that a typo?
Great find! Wish you all the best weather!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We recently got back from a 1500 mile trip in The Blue Car. We tried to stay on the small roads as much as possible and got on some great roads in MS, TN, KY, NC and GA. We missed the Miatas At The Gap by several days (there were 500-odd Miatas there) but in return we got a nearly perfect pass across the Tail of The Dragon on a Tuesday afternoon. No traffic until the last mile when a couple of Hardly Albesons were holding up a line of cars. The roads are pretty much uncrowded during the week so late in summer. Not so lucky was this other 10th Anniversary Edition Miata that went off the Dragon a few days before we passed through. The driver and passenger walked away.

Last year I met a gal with a Miata that gave me a ride back and forth through the Dragon just to see how the other 1/2 lived! :) It's a fun car. I don't really fit in it as a driver, but I kinda wish I did. The Dodge Dart is the closest thing I could find in my price range that fit me and my Anime long legs... SO..WANNA RACE!?? lol

Back