• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New licence, new bike, new member.....hello.

Hi KBG, I'm just down the road from you in Kent, when you're not cheating the UK winter that is, and who could blame you!

Welcome aboard the good ship NC Forum. :)

Hi KBG, I'm just down the road from you in Kent, when you're not cheating the UK winter that is, and who could blame you!

Welcome aboard the good ship NC Forum. :)

Hello back, how nice to meet you and your 'X' have you a pic for me please? Yes its brilliant away from the deep winter but i gotta admit a little lonely ive not meet any bikers here to share my adventures yet, but im working on it :)

Im loving my 'S' but ive lots of questions too simple or stupid to post, perhaps would you help an old newby out?

Hello back, how nice to meet you and your 'X' have you a pic for me please?

Here's my steed a couple of weeks into owning it.

ef0d95210dab09dce420819efb6d75da_zpsc538902b.jpg

I've added a few farkles since them though. :cool:

947369676205eb549cfc48a3668acffd_zps6bdfc269.jpg

Here's my steed a couple of weeks into owning it.

I've added a few farkles since them though. :cool:

Aww, thank you, it looks great, black, like mine

Funny you should mention farkles, thats exactly what id really like to ask you about, not sure if hi jacking my intro is the place but hey, whatever!
So, what have you bought thats been a really good buy? Im making a list for Santa, if possible id like to learn lessons from others. i love the naked look id rather not put anything on but should i be worried about damage and protection?
Ive read about rear huggers but they dont seem to work, is the answer to protect the shock instead? I dont mind cleaning the seat and im rarely out in rain, im thinking my box will get most of the crud?
Also, shock protectors - a good buy?
I do need a screen, currently i get blown off at 70, im only short lol!
I do hope you don't mind me asking? Im really asking you coz you are in the UK and will know the weather, terrain etc, so to speak.
What have you bought if anything that in hindsight you wouldnt buy?
Thanks in advance

I like the 11 new pics you just posted. The place is a lot more modern than I had thought it would be.
Thank you, but so far ive mostly been in the tourist/european money areas so im afraid the pics are not necessarily a true representation. My vid on YT going up to S.B.Messines in the mountain area is a better example of the real Algarve, but also, the whole Algarve area gets lots of money from tourism (golf, beach holidays, second homes) so i guess what im seeing isnt the same in other regions.
Its proper raining today, ive had time to sort out my photos :-( much rather be riding lol!

I ride a lot in the rain, as that is how my bike "Nana Chou" gets a bath. Some times riding in the rain can produce some wonderful videos.

[video=youtube;9ybrT4SH1qU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ybrT4SH1qU[/video]

Aww, thank you, it looks great, black, like mine

Funny you should mention farkles, thats exactly what id really like to ask you about, not sure if hi jacking my intro is the place but hey, whatever!
So, what have you bought thats been a really good buy? Im making a list for Santa, if possible id like to learn lessons from others. i love the naked look id rather not put anything on but should i be worried about damage and protection?
Ive read about rear huggers but they dont seem to work, is the answer to protect the shock instead? I dont mind cleaning the seat and im rarely out in rain, im thinking my box will get most of the crud?
Also, shock protectors - a good buy?
I do need a screen, currently i get blown off at 70, im only short lol!
I do hope you don't mind me asking? Im really asking you coz you are in the UK and will know the weather, terrain etc, so to speak.
What have you bought if anything that in hindsight you wouldnt buy?
Thanks in advance

Well I had a few bits fitted prior to collection day,

Heated grips, rad guard, pyramid hugger (not brilliant but looks cool), 12v socket, Fenda extenda. Basically stuff to protect the bike from the off, even though it's just a fair weather machine.

Since then I've added SW Motech Kobra handguards, mainly for aesthetic reasons as the DCT just looks wrong with no clutch lever. And a permanent sat nav and the wheel rim tape. Oh and a centre stand and fork seal protectors.

I plan on getting a new can a bit later on and maybe a tail tidy.

Most of my post farkles are purely to make the NC look cooler, which is why I still have the stock screen, I ain't see one yet that I like tbh.

What farkles to you already have KBG?

What farkles to you already have KBG?

I had only 4 days from delivery from Scotland to Cambridge before shipping my bike was lowered, bars raised 12 volt thing in the frunk, hand guards - which saved any damage when i dropped it, stroke of luck eh?
Im thinking when i get the bike home
Crash bungs, i like these
PELACRASH HONDA NC 700 S/X (12-13) - RINCON MOTERO

Windshield coz im getting blown off at 70, i think one of these but i dunno if it will help? : http://www.bikersbuyit.com/Shops/bbiholland/contents/nl/d9569_Honda_NC_700_S_Windschermen.html

Shock protector and fork guards - will they actually prevent damage do you think? Especially if ive no rear hugger.

I like the naked look but im aware some bits just need protection from the elements oh and the risk of either me dropping it or it being knocked over.

Hello koolbikegirl, welcome to my country Portugal.
This Algarve region you choose is the warmest in the country during the winter. As you probably noticed, a lot of older people spend their retirement in this area due to weather and quietness.
You will find beautifull ocean/beaches landscapes in this region, on south and west sides. If you decide to travel a little bit to the north you will some mountains and valleys also very interesting.
This year, i participated in an event which started near that bridge you crossed, travel across the country and would only finish on the north of Portugal.
Feel free to ask any questions about this country, and will help how much as i can.

Solent biker, thats spooky! I just commented on your post about your beautiful 'white lady' !
Portugal, well the Algarve, is pretty when you get away from the 'Brits abroad' parts, thats our fault for expecting such places not the Portugese for providing it.
Ive been brave enough, as an older lone female rider, to get up to the mountains once. This next week theres promise of some sunshine so im planning to go back. Ive also managed to fit my video camera to the bars so theres an unrestricted view and that ride was really photogenic but spoiled by the windshield. Im recording my adventures on a youtube channel, just me poodling around on my bike, no wheelies or dramas but sunshine and views a plenty - search koolbike girl :)

Last edited:
Hello koolbikegirl! Maybe you'd like to join the Portuguese NC forum members tomorrow night in Lisbon. We get together every Friday night.

Hello koolbikegirl! Maybe you'd like to join the Portuguese NC forum members tomorrow night in Lisbon. We get together every Friday night.
Thats very kind, but a little too far to go for me im afraid. Im in the Algarve with 80 year old parents and wouldnt leave them, but thank you very much for the invite!

Welcome to the forum! There is a wealth of knowledge here with friendly advice. It's fun to check out others videos of the areas they live. Lots of beautiful country out there, just not enough time to see it all. Ride safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back