• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New guy from southern AZ

MZ5

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. I'm new here. I don't own an NC, though I've nearly bought one twice. It's still a high probability that I will. I commute ~75 miles/day, and the NC looks brilliant for that. The reason(s) I haven't bought yet are:

1) I'm significantly concerned that I'll miss the 110 hp & 400 lbs of my '00 CBR600F4 too much (despite essentially never using it).
2) I'm concerned about the power output of the NC's engine.
;)

Really, that's what has stopped me. Regrettably, I've already sold my CBR in order to buy something different, and I'm now struggling to do it. So, I've been browsing around here for a couple weeks trying to make up my mind.

Honestly and truly the front trunk is what seems so great about this bike. I'd like utility, more suspension travel and compliance, and a little more 'relaxed' riding position than my CBR (I'm not a 'kid' any more), although the F4's was a much more relaxed position than the RR's (extremely similar to a last-gen Interceptor 800, actually). It was super-inexpensive to run, though, and bullet-proof. I averaged ~51 mpg, in fact, over the course of the last ~10k miles.

Anyway, I'll be around. If anyone feels like telling me how much better the NC would be than a Versys or V-Strom 650 ABS, or Buell Ulysses, or ...something... I'd love to hear it. :)

Low center of gravity and better fuel mileage. Honda reliability doesn't hurt either.
Welcome to the club by the way.

...If anyone feels like telling me how much better the NC would be than a Versys or V-Strom 650 ABS, or Buell Ulysses, or ...something... I'd love to hear it. :)

My last main ride was my 2009 Buell Ulysses. At the time we parted ways earlier this year, I had just shy of 60,000 miles on it. I loved that bike.

However, aside from the suspension and maybe the seat (still making up my mind about the seat:confused:), I do believe I like this bike even better. Stable, quick where I need it to be, cheap to run and (so far) maintain, and nicely planted, probably from the low center of gravity. Like I said, the suspension and the seat might take some getting used to, or just changing out, or maybe you'll be one of the lucky folks who just cry, "Banzai!" and get on with it. So far at least that's working for me. Mostly...

Last edited:
Billy Budd-- Thanks! That's very generous. I'm in Waddell, which is basically metro Phoenix. I don't get southeast too much, though I like the scenery in that direction. I'll keep you in mind if we come that way!

...or maybe you'll be one of the lucky folks who just cry, "Banzai!" and get on with it. So far at least that's working for me. Mostly...

LOL! That's funny! :)

Thanks for the welcome, folks!

Hi MZ5,
I am going to be riding on Friday's with a friend. This week we are thinking maybe Ajo or Baghdad. If available you are welcome to join us.

ed

Alright, I'm settled. This one shall go home with me shortly:

IMG-20121114-00026.jpg

It'll also have the plate at the back where the Honda trunk/top case normally resides. I don't believe I'll need that case, but the plate will be nice to have for general strapping & carrying of ...whatever.
:)

Last edited:
It really did, thanks! The only things not on it (in terms of Honda accessories) that I know of are the trunk/top box and its mounting plate (and the DCT, but honestly I didn't want to pay for that tranny anyway). The plate will be here shortly, though I'm not going to get the trunk any time soon. The saddle bags should be way more than sufficient for my mainly-commuter needs. Coyote Honda sold it to me SO REASONABLY, too! I really like that shop anyway, so it's great!

Back