• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Givi Screen

Wow. Looks cool. You need that compound shape for strength. Remember to not mount it up too solid or tight or you risk cracking it. Good luck with it. I am riding with Mr Ducttape today.
I had mocked one up before ordering ala Makingitwork with cardboard and tape and took it for a ride to see if I thought it would get the job done before ordering. Seemed like it would. Tomorrow or Saturday I will know for sure lol

6j5BDszh.jpg

Got the screen on tonight (piece of cake all the holes lined right up) and got the oil changed. If we get a break in the rain tomorrow, I'll give the shield a test.

Last edited:
Shield got here a few minutes ago. Well bubble wrapped. Looks good. More shapely than I thought it would be with a slight away from the rider curve at the top. Also some black shading at the bottom I wasn't expecting.

Sticker on it says not to exceed 130 KPH. (I think that's 81 mph? ) and not to park it with the sun to the backside of the shield lol
Givi covered their butts with that statement, just in case. If you melt a hole in your instrument panel, you were warned.

Givi covered their butts with that statement, just in case. If you melt a hole in your instrument panel, you were warned.

Melted 2 dash panels on my Bandit 1250S due to sunlight reflecting just right.

well, that's interesting

just got mine (smoked) also. i was hoping because the smoked was shorter than the clear the recommended top speed would have been higher- but same 130 kph.
the more I look at the sticker the more I think it means no more than 130km in a high wind, since it is in that section of the warning label, right next to

WARNING: in case of strong winds, drive at moderate speeds.

I can't figure out what the symbol is inside of the red triangle that looks like an overhead fluorescent light lol

Last edited:
the more I look at the sticker the more I think it means no more than 130km in a high wind, since it is in that section of the warning label, right next to

WARNING: in case of strong winds, drive at moderate speeds.

I can't figure out what the symbol is inside of the red triangle that looks like an overhead fluorescent light lol
it's a wind sock

The 81mph limit is probably due to the well nuts holding the windshield onto the bike....those well nuts wont hold tall windshields at high speeds-the little rubber grommets will pull out of the holes-reason numerous of us bought Dales windscreen plates to hold our windshields....

Got out for 44 miles this morning. 35 degrees F. Shield does pretty good. Wind seemed to catch me at the top of the helmet, and the very edges of my shoulders, but my body and head were blocked 99 %. It was very quiet riding with my shield 3/4 of the way open and very little wind on my face.

I do have some contact with my non Givi hand guards. Not an issue while riding of course, but could be in a tight U turn. With the hand guards I couldn't lock the forks, but in cold weather I would never have a need to lock my forks, and in the summer or on trips I wouldn't be running the hand guards, and would probably be running my short summer shield. I'll have to think about it for awhile.

Summer of 2019, I put a GIVI windshield on mine (got tired of looking at the Cee Bailey's-nothing wrong with it, just wanted a different look)....The Givi was very good until one day on the way home from work, on my windy country highway, a rock hauler passed the other way, a rock bounced up from the road (about the size of a quarter), hit the windshield in the middle and shattered it (I was doing about 50mph, the rock hauler going the other way was doing about the same)....put the Cee Bailey back on and it will stay on until it dies....

Back