• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New exaust.

dev027

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently put the new danmoto carbon gp exhaust on my NC. Does anybody know if I need to unplug the battery to "reset the computer" or should it be fine as is?

Attachments

• WP_20130910_003.jpg
    WP_20130910_003.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
Welcome Dev! :)

It should be fine without having to do anything, as far as I know. Unplugging the battery for a bit wouldn't hurt anything either, unless you don't want to have to reset your clock, lol.

If you didn't have any flashing Check Engine trouble codes lingering around from something wrong with your bike prior to the muffler change, then you also don't have to worry about erasing any stored diagnostic information with a battery unplug, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Welcome Dev. I would like to see a bigger picture of that can if possible, it looks good

DSC02083.jpgDSC02084.jpgDSC02085.jpg

Here are a couple better pictures of the new exhaust. I went to the local dealer and the mechanic asked me if i got a yosh exhaust. He said that it looks and sounds identical to the expensive yosh. But its just the danmoto carbon GP. $125 isnt all that bad for a bike exhaust compared to others at least. All in all i would recommend this to anybody that has thought about getting it. The bike sounds pretty good with it. its a lot deeper and throatier sounding.

No it won't work with the center stand because the stop for the stand is actually on the stock exhaust. I always just use the kick stand but when the bike is being stored I use a swing arm stand that way the tire is off the ground and the oil isn't just sitting on one side of the engin. Most stands you have to get spools on your swing arm and that can be costly... But harbor fraight makes a stand that goes directly onto your swing arm. Motorcycle Swingarm Rear Stand

Does it fit with a center stand ?

Yes; but you have to come up with your own solution to stop the center stand from going up and hitting the rear shock linkage arms.

You can bolt or weld on something in the same spot as the OEM exhaust, and put a rubber bumper on it, or you can make some kind of bracket or strut bolted on to a suitable fastener location, or you can buy one of these:

OVER : Center Stand Stopper [35-21-01]

I thought about getting the baffle too. Does it make it to quiet?

I haven't installed my DM muffler yet, but from what I've heard on the 'net, it almost seems as if it's better without the baffle than with it in.

It may be technically louder on a DB metre, but perceptually, (to me anyway) without the baffle, the deeper bass note isn't annoying, but the higher pitched tone from the baffle installed, makes it "sound" louder. (and more obnoxious IMHO)

I reserve judgment to go: Ack! I was totally wrong! Once I've actually put mine on, lol :eek: ;)

I installed my Dan Moto Carbon Fiber about 3 weeks ago. I tried it with and without the baffle. I think its a little obnoxious without the baffle. I like the baffle in. I also leave for work at 5:30 AM, so my neighbors probably appreciate the baffle too.

I installed my Dan Moto Carbon Fiber about 3 weeks ago. I tried it with and without the baffle. I think its a little obnoxious without the baffle. I like the baffle in. I also leave for work at 5:30 AM, so my neighbors probably appreciate the baffle too.
I have the CF also.......... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what you said................

Back