• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New bike and intro

Erok

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I have been riding all my life, started at age 6 on a 69 or 70 Z50 (not sure what ear it was, I was 6 after all:D). Anyway, I grew up with dirt bikes and 3-wheelers. Got into sport bikes in the 90's and did a little road racing for a couple of years. I'm now 46 and drive 72 miles to work each day so I went out and bought the NC700X after 2 test rides on it and a few rides on other bikes. Yep, its no sport bike but it gets the job done and gives many smiles per gallon. Lovin' so far and hope it proves to be a great little machine.

That's all for now. I'm gonna go check out the forum.

Welcome to the community!

I put thousands of miles on bicycles as a kid. My first powered ride was a Honda QA50 about the same time as you started, but I was just a few years older - maybe age 12, 13. That got me hooked. I've always been a fan of two wheelers.

Greg

Welcome,
Also pleased with mine, and have to say after a few thousand miles, mine is getting smoother, and the suspension is improving.
Enjoy the NC.

Art

Welcome from the usually sunny (but rainy tonight) Gulf Coast of Texas.

Welcome from Illinois. Yup you are right it is no sport bike, but a jack of all trades it will get the job done while having fun.

Hi all, just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. I have been riding all my life, started at age 6 on a 69 or 70 Z50 (not sure what ear it was, I was 6 after all:D). Anyway, I grew up with dirt bikes and 3-wheelers. Got into sport bikes in the 90's and did a little road racing for a couple of years. I'm now 46 and drive 72 miles to work each day so I went out and bought the NC700X after 2 test rides on it and a few rides on other bikes. Yep, its no sport bike but it gets the job done and gives many smiles per gallon. Lovin' so far and hope it proves to be a great little machine.

That's all for now. I'm gonna go check out the forum.

Welcome from the opposite coast (Wake Forest, NC)

Hope you'll find all the info your looking for here. This forum is loaded with it!

Wow! 72 miles each way???? Some commute you have...
Congratulation on your purchase and be safe!!!

Wow! 72 miles each way???? Some commute you have...
Congratulation on your purchase and be safe!!!

Yeah, its not so fun. About 65 miles of it are highway or freeway. It was darn chilly this morning, started off about 39° at the house and got down to about 34° when I made it in to work. Brrrr. Me thinks a visit to the bike shop/gear store is in order to upgrade some clothing.

Back