• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New 500 series bikes

cdnuser

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back from a Honda test drive event. I rode the new CB500F.
I was very impressed, it had more power than i was expecting and was able to keep pace with the others.
It seemed to have less wind turbulance than the NC which is odd since it has no wind screen. Seems like the stock NC screen adds turbulance. ( i rode my nc on the same route to compare ). That being said i wouldn't trade my NC for the 500. The NC has a better seating position and i love the torque. The 500 seemed high strung.

Has anyone else ridden the new 500s?

image.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't ride one, but I looked at and sat on one. My interest is in the CB500X, which looks a lot like the NC700X from the pictures, but is not out on the market yet.

I was impressed with the quality components and looks of the CB500F though for the price. It certainly looks like a fantastic value not matched by any other MC company, but I've pretty much decided to wait on the CTX700, which fits me better than either the NC or the CB Xs.

I would much prefer that 700 power train based on my experiences with driving a car. For instance, I would much rather drive a 100 horsepower car with 184 peak foot lbs of torque @ 1800 RPM than a 140 horsepower car with 125 lbs of torque that peaks at 4000 RPM. Low end torque rocks. Horsepower is for people who like to drag race. I don't!

https://www.google.com/search?q=ctx...4-honda-ctx700-lineup-first-look%2F;1920;1203

Back