• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need new Flip helmet

what next

Reaction score
Visit site
I need a new helmet I prefer flip always have. I am looking into the Nolan 104. Last one is was a HJC Sy Max I know flips are a little noisier but I wear earplugs anyway, any other great ideas. Oh I want the flip down sunvisor and want to keep the price near the $300 mark. Go ahead and confuse me or tell me where to get the best deal. Thanks

Do you get the Caeburg in the states? If so they are good for a mid priced lid. I use a Shoei Neotec but I don't know what they cost in the US possibly more than your budget but they are an excellent helmet

I bought the Nolan N90 instead of the 104 because it has a little more chin room when the bar is down. It was also a bit less expensive than the 104. I can't say much about how it compares for wind noise, since I'm just getting back into riding after a very long hiatus. All I can say is that I don't think the noise is that bad. From all the helmet reviews I read on Revzilla's website, the opinions on the 104 were mixed; some said it was quiet, others that it was loud. But you don't know all the other factors in each one's riding experience.

I've got a Caberg good helmet but a little on the heavy side.
it also has a flip down sun visor in.

I need a new helmet I prefer flip always have. I am looking into the Nolan 104. Last one is was a HJC Sy Max I know flips are a little noisier but I wear earplugs anyway, any other great ideas. Oh I want the flip down sunvisor and want to keep the price near the $300 mark. Go ahead and confuse me or tell me where to get the best deal. Thanks

Scorpion EXO 900. Hi viz yellow, grey, black and maybe white.

I got the yellow one and love it.

Hey Rocker66,
I'm interested in the Neotech because of the reviews I have read on how quiet it is. I have a symax II now, and looking for quieter. Care to comment on how it works for you?
The Neotech runs over $500 US .

Thanks,
RobN

I previously had the Multitech and I can only say that the Neotech is even better. The drop down sun shield being a big plus. I find it very comfortable and although I got it just for my commute due to it's colour I now wear it 99% of the time. It has been worth every penny of my wife's money*
* Birthday present

dcp_4276_zps2e443e4f.jpg

Thanks Rocker,

I want one, as it seems to be the quietest, and best quality available.

Just can't find my "wifes money"

RobN

It has been worth every penny of my wife's money*
fooky howya managed dat it take all ma time just to get our lass to buy me a mars bar tight git she is;)

I use the new Schuberth C3 Pro helmet which is modular. From my research, this is the lightest and quietest modular helmet model available...also the most expensive...OUCH! I also bought the fully integrated Bluetooth collar which works incredibly well. I call people going 70MPH on the freeway and they tell me it sounds like I am just riding in a car - very clear conversation.

I use the new Schuberth C3 Pro helmet which is modular. From my research, this is the lightest and quietest modular helmet model available...also the most expensive...OUCH! I also bought the fully integrated Bluetooth collar which works incredibly well. I call people going 70MPH on the freeway and they tell me it sounds like I am just riding in a car - very clear conversation.

High quality helmet maybe the best made........but it does have a fit and comfort problems for some person's head shape.........most concerns are fit in forehead area affectionally leaving whats called the Schuberth mark............as with a lot of these things one size does not fit all...........15 or 20 minutes in that helmet was all I could take.

There has been some talk that the new Pro is better about the "mark" but is still shaped for the "round head" vs an oval shape head shape.

Last edited:
No way would I want to be having a conversation whilst riding the bike. Other than the safety aspect when I'm riding my bike one of the pleasures is getting away from the everyday pressures of life
Still each to their own

The new C3 "Pro" mode for 2013 fits my head just fine, very comfortable. I know there have been many complaints on the web about the fit of the prior C3 version. I recently wore my C3 Pro for 8 hours straight as I rode up the California coastline. Relative to using the Bluetooth feature, I don't like talking on the phone while I ride either. However, I am a single dad of four kids ages 15-24) and I have a big corporate job so I definitely need to be reachable (when I check out on my rides) in the event of an genuine emergency...so it works for me for that. I did learn the hard way that listening to music can be distracting...when needing to more appropriately focus on windy roads and difficult/sharp turns ahead of me. However, on wide open roads listening to music is great!

Back