• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NEED HELP!! Front right Turn signal Blinks but DOESN'T stay ON!

EH1981

Reaction score
Visit site
2016 NC700X

Front Right Turn Signal light.

It blinks when the turn signal is turned on, However, in hover mode...it is OFF.

Checked solutions:
1) Light bulb - FINE
2) Fuse - FINE
3) Manual - NO HELP

Whet else should I look for and where?

Any Suggestions?

By "Manual -NO HELP", do you mean the owner's manual or the service manual? The service manual contains the wiring schematics, so that and a voltmeter would cover most of the troubleshooting.

What is your level of expertise? Are you able to take the plastics off to find the connector that goes to the right turn signal stalk? Could you troubleshoot the turn signal switch? Do you have a voltmeter?

Have you swapped the light bulbs left and right side to confirm that the lamp is indeed good?

Like 670cc suggested, swap your left and right bulb. This both tests the right bulb to see if it is indeed fine, plugged into a socket that works, and checks the wiring/socket on the right hand side with a bulb that is known to be operational. Keep in mind these bulbs have dual filaments.

It might be the wiring if it isn't the bulb, but check the easy stuff first.

You sure the light is good? I have had the running light filament break and solder to the turn signal filament and made it do weird stuff on vehicles before.

As mentioned the front signal bulbs are dual filament the rear are single. Your low filament is broken or has lost contact for some reason..

As mentioned the front signal bulbs are dual filament the rear are single. Your low filament is broken or has lost contact for some reason..

That answers a question I've been asking myself for a while. US spec bikes have permanent steady orange lamps in the front which change to intermittent when the turn signal is selected. UK spec bikes have single filament bulbs so they are turn signal only.

Definitely sounds like one of your two filaments have gone. swap bulbs to prove the fault.

Back