• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc750 ??

Which was the beginning of the downward spiral of the VFR (IMHO)

I kept my 1996 VFR 750 and still have it and love it. I'll keep my 2012 NC700 and love it as well.

Bigger isn't always better. I bet mileage will decrease with the bigger engine for one.

Honda made a good thing.. I think they should leave it alone
Dumping the gear driven cams for VTEC was the real killer. And the gen 5 was a bit behind on styling though I love mine.

I for one would welcome a larger displacement NC... especially if they give it a decent seat!
Better suspension is always great but I don't see it happening on a budget bike.
I have to think this is largely due to the US market where there is no Crossrunner if it's true.

I have read every posts on this thread and some of you still think BIGGER engine is best. I for one much prefer the NC700x looses 50lbs than gain 50cc. This is my 1st year riding and my current bike is a CB450sc. The Nighthawk is prefect for the city and short runs on freeways. Hopefully in a few years, I will gain enough skills so I can buy a new bike for touring as my Nighthawk is hard to locate parts, way too buzzy(vibration) on the freeway, and has nothing to protect me from weather. NC700x was at the top of a short list but now replaced by FZ-09 that cost the same, 60lbs lighter;) not to mention it has more than 200cc.

I have read every posts on this thread and some of you still think BIGGER engine is best. I for one much prefer the NC700x looses 50lbs than gain 50cc. This is my 1st year riding and my current bike is a CB450sc. The Nighthawk is prefect for the city and short runs on freeways. Hopefully in a few years, I will gain enough skills so I can buy a new bike for touring as my Nighthawk is hard to locate parts, way too buzzy(vibration) on the freeway, and has nothing to protect me from weather. NC700x was at the top of a short list but now replaced by FZ-09 that cost the same, 60lbs lighter;) not to mention it has more than 200cc.

The Yammi looks good, but I'll keep my easy valve adjust and 60-80 mpg NCX.:p I'm betting Premium fuel will be needed in the FZ09, not to mention around 44 mpg.:(
I wouldn't mind a 1190 adventure for any wild rides.

I would love to see the bike loose 50 lbs. 5lbs of weight loss is supposedly the equivalent of adding 1hp. That means loosing 50lbs would make the bike accelerate like it had 10 more hp. But at the very least that would mean switching the frame and swingarm to aluminum which would bump the price another $500 or more.

I think the thinner cylinder walls will loose a small amount of weight but not a lot due to larger pistons and a potentially beefier clutch.
I do think a weight loss of 10lbs would not be difficult.

A larger gas tank would probably be one of the best things they could add. The touring nature of the bike means people are riding the bike long distances.
Even an additional half gallon means at least a 250 mile range with some room to spare no matter how you ride. For some of the more miserly drivers it means a 300+ mile range.

I would love to see the bike (lose) 50 lbs.

Mine lost 40 lbs. by me giving up wheat and eating like a caveman. So, I guess I am up 8 horsepower with the same bike. My last road bike held 10 gallons of gas. There is no way out of the fact that it adds weight - usually up high where the impact is most felt. It needed more gas partly because it got crummy mileage (40-43 mpg). With the mileage that the NC achieves, a one gallon Rotopax will take me 70-80 extra miles. That puts the total range at over 300 miles which is adequate anywhere in North America - including James Bay, Inuvik, and Prudhoe Bay. When you are not on expedition, the standard range is adequate and the gallon jug can stay at home. Though it is not an adrenalin rush and a street thriller, the power of the NC is perfectly adequate for touring use. If the larger, more powerful engine gets inferior fuel economy or requires premium fuel which is unavailable in many desolate places, then I for one have no interest. If they want to upgrade the suspension, they would need to upgrade it very well, otherwise I am just taking off more expensive parts. Maybe Honda could stuff an NC engine into a KTM 990 SM-T frame? USD White Power forks, lightweight frame, radial brakes, Bosch ABS with no silly combined braking, ...

Last edited:

Nice looking naked bike (fz-09).
Just depends on what your looking for.

My short list was a bike that was a adventure styling. I just like the looks of them. Brands like bmw gs series, kawasaki versys, suzuki v-strom. It basically boiled down to the BMW and HONDA. Honda won because of the dct. If honda didn't have the dct model then most likely I will picked up the bmw.
I already knew I didn't want a naked bike from any manufacturer, I also knew I didn't wanted a cruiser style bike also and I wasn't into Harleys.
The choice is yours and enjoy the shopping.

Ken

Last edited:
What is with the weird lights on the front of the NC750L ??

View attachment 8941

Already answered in the thread.

This model is specifically produced for Japanese licensing schools and will NEVER be on a public street. The lights give instructors an indication of each action the student takes, such as brake operation, and gives them a clear indication what the student is doing and helps with giving more appropriate feedback and instruction.

I spoke to my friendly Honda dealer today and he confirmed that Honda have imposed a news embargo on them about the NC750 until Monday 4th November 2013.

He has promised to send me the details and pictures as soon as he is allowed.

Honda-NC750X.jpg

2014 Honda NC750X ? Details Of Larger Motor Leaked | RideApart

Add 5 HP - but only to the detuned European spec. According to the article the bike gets 52hp - a massive increase of 1 HP over the standard 700. They also seem confused about the launch year of the NC. Not very convincing - we'll see what is announced next week at EICMA in Milan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I hope the all the parts will interchange. 5 hp means next to nothing for me. Spare parts and fuel mileage does though.

Back