• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750 X DCT Hand Guards

Peskymegabeing

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I have recently joined your gang and would be interested in any advice on hand guards/knuckle guards.
I currently have the standard Honda ones fitted, which are pretty useless when it comes to offering protection from the elements.
Can anyone offer any advise on suitable replacements?

cheers David

628d0d3de16c0baccde1fed4c5ac35f5.jpg

The Barkbuster Storms that I put on my bike work really well for keeping the rain and cold off my hands. The only thing that I have seen to give more protection are the huge mots that the motorcycle police use, covering their whole handlebar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

I have recently joined your gang and would be interested in any advice on hand guards/knuckle guards.
I currently have the standard Honda ones fitted, which are pretty useless when it comes to offering protection from the elements.

cheers David

5165ad512781b746084b124c8a575c9c.jpg

I'll second the Barkbusters Storm... No interaction with the screen. Easy to replace plastics you can switch with the VPS guard too. There's even lights for them...

5165ad512781b746084b124c8a575c9c.jpg

I'll second the Barkbusters Storm... No interaction with the screen. Easy to replace plastics you can switch with the VPS guard too. There's even lights for them...

Another vote for Bark Busters here. I have a larger windshield aftermarket (Madstad) and I did have to trim the shield by about 1" off the bottom corners because the Bark Busters did interfere, but that is a wide shield.

Supertux, did you paint the aluminum mounting hardware of your Bark Busters? Mine are anodized bright aluminum but I like the black!

Last edited:
Another vote for Bark Busters here. I have a larger windshield aftermarket (Madstad) and I did have to trim the shield by about 1" off the bottom corners because the Bark Busters did interfere, but that is a wide shield.

Supertux, did you paint the aluminum mounting hardware of your Bark Busters? Mine are anodized bright aluminum but I like the black!

Yes I painted them with epoxy paint. :)

Yeah I have the VPS now I think I would have preferred the storm but I like the hardware painted, very clean look

Hello,

cheers David

I have the Givi HP1111's on my 2015 DCT. They were considerably less expensive than the Barkbusters, offer great coverage, and connect via the end of handlebar and the mirror post, so there's no conflict with the DCT's parking brake. They did conflict with the wings on my medium CalSci screen, shown below (as they would with any screen as wide), but I now have a "wingless" CalSci screen and no conflict with the guards.

2016-02-07 12.09.56.jpg

I have the Givi HP1111's on my 2015 DCT. They were considerably less expensive than the Barkbusters, offer great coverage, and connect via the end of handlebar and the mirror post, so there's no conflict with the DCT's parking brake. They did conflict with the wings on my medium CalSci screen, shown below (as they would with any screen as wide), but I now have a "wingless" CalSci screen and no conflict with the guards.

View attachment 30048
The Givi are cheaper but the bark busters have the metal frame not just plastic, that's why I thought it was worth the extra money

The Givi are cheaper but the bark busters have the metal frame not just plastic, that's why I thought it was worth the extra money

True. The Givi's did however survive without any problem a low side that broke the footpeg, cracked the windshield and bent the handlebar weight bolt.

True. The Givi's did however survive without any problem a low side that broke the footpeg, cracked the windshield and bent the handlebar weight bolt.

That's more durable then I thought they would be, what windshield was installed that cracked? And the weight bolt bent and the handle bars didn't?

Luck of the draw if a tip-over or crash doesn't break or bend levers with a one-sided or plastic mount for handguards. I take it the Barkbuster product is the one the dirt-oriented riders are choosing? My experience on the WR250R was that a large cup over aluminum mounts would also deflect some of the wind favorably, at least on that dualsport...

Last edited by a moderator:
When I did my 30mph low side (right side down) back in March, it broke my brake lever, right foot peg, and the bar end bolt/weight. My givi handguards were unharmed (other than scuffing) - they stayed attached to the bar end and mirror mount. I think without the aluminum frame they flexed and the lever took the hit. IMO that's a good outcome because levers are MUCH cheaper than handguards, and you can buy one of them if that's all you need.

When I did my 30mph low side (right side down) back in March, it broke my brake lever, right foot peg, and the bar end bolt/weight. My givi handguards were unharmed (other than scuffing) - they stayed attached to the bar end and mirror mount. I think without the aluminum frame they flexed and the lever took the hit. IMO that's a good outcome because levers are MUCH cheaper than handguards, and you can buy one of them if that's all you need.

Au contraire. Broken lever or assembly or ripped wires can leave you stranded, sometimes in a desolate location without cell service. Your handguard sounds like it was lucky but it really didn't protect anything but itself ; }

Double-attached aluminum handguards simply do their job without getting busted; at the worst the plastic cup gets scratched a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Barkbusters VPS in white as my bike. They did require a little twikking but I feel very secure with them.

Attachments

• 10645192_884871151537153_3797211308458831380_n.jpg
    10645192_884871151537153_3797211308458831380_n.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 439
I have the Barkbusters VPS in white as my bike. They did require a little twikking but I feel very secure with them.
Nice look, with the matching hugger and rear storage

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Back