• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X/ NC700XD/NC700XD-What is What?

drseth

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I just picked up a new NC700X with manual transmission today, and while reading the Owners Manual, there was reference to an NC700XA and an NC700XD, in addition to the garden variety NC700X. I know the XD is the dual clutch automatic tranny/ABS version, but what is the XA version?

I had planned to purchase the trunk and panniers today also, but the dealer said it might take as late as December for everything to come in, so I decided to keep my money and continue researching the various manufacturers about the luggage/windshield/deflectors. I would prefer to be able to look at some other bikes and see what I like and dislike and spend some time getting used to the bike before farkling it up. It is difficult for me to visualize some of the accessories based on one or two photos.

I am really happy, but it is cold and raining off and on today, so the only riding has been to ride it on and off of the trailer. I plan to put in some break-in miles tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be nice.

Seth Anderson
Moon, VA

NC700X and NC700XD are USA model only.

NC700XA is Canada model only.

Last edited:
The XA is an ABS model with manual transmission. Canada has them, the US does not.

You are good and fast Beemerphile. I was just going to edit my reply with the NC700XA ABS manual transmission for Canada only.

Last edited:
2012 Honda NC700SA and NC700XA Preview

When it comes to braking, the 2012 Honda NC700 uses dual 320mm discs up front and a single 240mm disc in the back. It's all backed by the Japanese brand's acclaimed Combined Braking System with antilock (C-ABS).

By the way, the rear section of the frame (also made of steel) supports the 14.1L fuel tank, and this placement contributes to the 50/50 weight distribution. With a full tank, you'll be able to cover up to 370 kilometres.

In addition to the 21L storage compartment (large enough to hold a full-face helmet) where the tank would normally be, the rider's seat stands 790 mm high in SA trim and 830 mm high in XA trim. The touring model also provides more ground clearance and suspension travel than the pavement-only SA.

Back