• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700S - Picking it up on Saturday!

Newoldbiker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all - been riding a CBF125 for the past 4 years on returning to biking after a 30 year gap. Sold my CD175 back in 1981 so I could get married. Happily we are still together! Me and the wife obv.... The CBF and me have done 19K trouble free miles but it's time for a new bike - hello to my new NC700S. Bought a MRA vario screen to go on the front, fender extender and a hugger. New rack and the dealer is swapping over my top box. I'm having a black one but would have preferred red as obviously red bikes are the fastest but hey ho black is cool. Am a little anxious over the increased weight and power but will take it carefully. Monday 7am sees my first trip off to work - 25 miles or so each way - returing in the dark now the clocks in dear old England have gone back an hour and we are thrust into eternal night for the next 4 months. anyway happy to be a new member :) and will post some stuff when I've ridden my bike a bit

I'm having a black one but would have preferred red as obviously red bikes are the fastest but hey ho black is cool.
Welcome and congrat for the wife and for the bike. About the color of your bike, you certainly received mistaken informations ! I've been informed by the dealer where I purchased the bike that the black ones are the fastest !
He also told me he is a professionnal so he never lies and didn't made 1$ profit on the sale ! :)

Welcome to the forum and Congrats on the new bike. Honestly, if the color black was an opinion in the US I would have picked it. Mine goes fast no matter what color it is.

Welcome and come say hello on the UK NC700 site. By the way I have a black NCS too :)

Strat Tuner - I will try my best - we Brits tend to find that sort of thing embarrassing but you know what .....I'll try :cool:

Congrats Newoldbiker! Welcome to the Forum :)

I have had my faithful CBR125R (2007) for many happy and trouble free years and miles of commuting and fun, so I can relate to you quite well ;)

I feel really bad handing in my 125 in part exchange but what can you do. Hope someone else loves it like I did - you get attached to these things - we must have rode together for months in real time - he never let me down - all weathers, sun, snow, shine! Sounds pathetic but I'm gonna miss that bike:(

...Sounds pathetic but I'm gonna miss that bike:(

Before I got my NC, I was busy putting 100k+ miles on a Ninja 250. That poor bike is due for retirement. It's very "well worn", it burns its share of oil, it pops random fuses every now and then, the carbs behave strangely when the weather gets up to a certain temperature and so on, all due to extended use. However, I just can't bring myself to sell it. There's nothing pathetic about getting sentimental over a piece of machinery with which you've bonded over countless hours and miles. :)

Welcome and congrat for the wife and for the bike. About the color of your bike, you certainly received mistaken informations ! I've been informed by the dealer where I purchased the bike that the black ones are the fastest !

WWBMR? (What Would BatMan Ride?)

Congrats on the new bike! I've got the S model also, and it's be great for all of the 6700 miles I've put on it this year. I've got the same MRA screen as you, minus the vario attachment. I'm interested to know what you think of it.

Back