• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700S Can't get it in the US

MrKindred

Reaction score
Visit site
I currently own an NC700X but would love to also get an S. So I called my local Honda dealer and they said they can't order the S version...DRATS! Seems like the UK gets all the perks, from a nice variety of colors for the X and also the option of the S.

I may have to buy one and have it shipped. Has anyone ever shipped a bike from UK to US?

I don't know about Texas or really about Missouri either but in California no one (resident) can bring in a new/ used motorcycle from out of State/ country and register it unless it has at least 7,500 miles and complies with CA's strict EPA standards. I'd check with your dept of Motor vehicles first.

Sam:)

Yep, we get the S in Canada. Both models come standard with ABS, but no DTC option. Prepare to pay for it though, as I understand it the US DTC/ABS bike rings in at around the same as a regular S model here.

That's a lot of swapping, not to mention running into colour co-ordination issues. Everything from the seat forward is different, even the frunk lid. And you'd need the S headlight. You might get away with not having to swap the fender though...

Just order the S bodywork and swap back and forth as the mood strikes you.

The seat, handlebars, forks are all different. The S has better handling in twisty lanes due to these differences. Fake tank storage is also a different shape as well as the speedo casing, fuel release etc......

Tony

The seat, handlebars, forks are all different. The S has better handling in twisty lanes due to these differences. Fake tank storage is also a different shape as well as the speedo casing, fuel release etc......

Tony

So that's three more things to order. Makes the project more fun.

Now I suppose you're going to remind me the engines are different colors....

It's really interesting (and baffling) how the manufacturers assign certain models to certain countries. Pretty sure here in Australia the only variation we can get is the S model, with manual trans and ABS.

I think it's got a lot to do with population density and what sort of machine has a history of selling well. Look at the population of the US vs Canada or Australia. Honda can release pretty much whatever it feels like in the US and chances are pretty good they'll sell out just due to the sheer size of the market. So they keep it simple with just the X model. In smaller markets they've got to appeal to as much of the market as possible if they wanna sell bikes, so they offer more models but fewer of them.

its the importers who decide what they or we want.
this what I read on the net about imports.
contact your importer and see what they say.

The fact that the NCX is a taller bike is probably the main reason it's the only model available Stateside. Rightly or wrongly the industry thinks US citizens are taller than their European counterparts.
I'm guessing the styling of the X is also more appealing too to the American scene what with all that open country you guys have to ride & the potential for off roading.
Personally I own an NCS and the low seat height suits me just fine with the bike just loving the twisty roads hereabouts.

But then you get bikes in the USA that we don't in the UK

and half of them we don't want anyway!
does this ring a bell;)
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership

I lived in Europe for a short time and the bikes and cars they have available there trump what we have here in the U.S. It's ridiculous how much cooler a lot of the bike are from all the manufactures. I tried importing a bike years ago but the CA restrictions made it impossible. You'd cry as an adventure bike enthusiast if you saw some of the models I did. Now some American auto makers are doing the same thing. Look at the new Ford Ranger, no longer available in the U.S. but a new awesome model is overseas.

I wish we got that Ford Ranger in North America, but there is still hope with the new compact truck GM is rolling out soon. Fingers crossed for a 4-cyl diesel. I'd take a Toyota Hilux diesel over any new Tacoma any day.

It maybe something to do with the import restrictions (or protectionism as some would say) of North America then?
If would be importers are forced to jump through all these 'hoops' for each & every model it's no wonder that they only go with a minimum which means US citizens miss out on the full range of bikes or cars available.
That's not too good for competition :)

Back