• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700 Insurance in California

They say that the extra $200 per vehicle is to pay for long-term care for those injured in an accident. The fund has billions of dollars in it and is controlled by the insurance companies.
Interesting problem we have here. I voice my opinion when I can and in the end have to pay it.
In the big picture, having to pay it on six vehicles really is a First-World problem. If I could only afford one, then my costs would be less.

Clearly the insurance companies missed this little thing called "blue book value" for the NC. At $4000 you can almost buy a replacement NC yourself, with cash... So there has to be some statistic that his getting hit by the insurance database. I had something weird like that happen about 10 years ago with GEICO where my insurance renewal came around and the annual premium shot up from like $360 for the year to like $520. I called them and they couldn't explain the increase and just stated there was some sort of statistic somewhere that was tripped that caused the increase. I changed insurance companies where the rate went back down below what it was before the rate increase with GEICO. Several years went by and I came up for a renewal and thought I would shop around and GEICO had a good rate for me again. So it is some sort of statistics thing that triggered with me. I would keep calling around to get some more quotes or at the very least find out why the rate is so astronomical.

MR, I think you were the victim of what I’ve observed is a standard practice in the insurance industry. They give a good introductory rate, then maybe a good first renewal, then ramp up the rates hoping you don’t notice, or if you do notice, give flimsy excuses for the rate increase. People who are complacent get taken advantage of. People who are smart switch insurance carriers every few years. This goes for auto, motorcycle and home insurance.

Last edited:
As far as changes, I learned when practicing law that rates are based partly or mainly on claims experience.
My guess is some NC700 rider in your state rode like a demon, got a bunch of tickets, or caused a wreck with huge damages. Such things are often on a three year sliding scale, so if a few years went by that yahoo was probabaly out of the system.
Liability insurance can also skyrocket if there is a big jury verdict in your area, even if it has nothing to do with motorcycles.

Also demographics matter.
As my area has declined from a solid blue collar, union trade area to a welfare area, large verdicts have started appearing.
People who work hard for their money do not pass out big money awards. Welfare people do; money means nothing to them.

I live in Placentia, CA just east of Cal State Fullerton and I have Geico full coverage.
I have insured my 2013 NC700DCT with them for 4 years.

Bodily Injury Liability $300K/$300K
Property Damage Liability $100K
Uninsured & Underinsured Motorists $30K/$60K
Comprehensive $100 deductible
Collision $500 deductible

My 12 month premium for 2018/2019 is $193

Last edited:
Back