• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC 750 X Well worth the wait.

Solent biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all.

Today has been a long time coming and what a fantastic day to take delivery of your very first brand spanking new motorcycle.
Wall to wall sunshine and a balmy 5 degree C.

So much to do to make the beauty so much better. I have already had a hugger/chainguard fitted before i rode her away from Crescent Honda Motorcycles in Lowford Hampshire. So, what to do next, hmmm? I have now picked up the Givi luggage that i bought at the NEC motorcycle show last week and i have a touring screen and centre stand to fit too. When? Hmmm.
Hand guards and stubby levers will be a must soon but no heated grips this time as i will be getting Gerbing heated gloves for Christmas.

Many other parts will be sought and fitted before we go to the Le Mans MotoGP 2-up in May with our bike club friends and many miles to be covered too before then.

Smiles all round at the mo :)

Pics to come

Greetings neighbour! Not been out on mine today but had a couple of nice rides in the winter sunshine earlier in the week. The NC750X is a great bike and suits me much better than the 700X I had before it or the TDM900 that came in between. I've been to Le Mans a few times and you'll love it. In the meantime, I'd recommend you add a rad guard, front fender extender and fork slider guards to your shopping list. Ride safe!

Howdy doody from Kent.

Your first brand new bike? a cold sunny day? Sounds just like the day I picked my bike up back in January.

I'm absolutely certain that you'll love your new NC. :)

I'm quite often down your way when I'm out and about, I'll give you shout next time.

Enjoy. :cool:

Hey you must have been reading my mind, those 3 parts are on my list but i'm not sure about access to fork guards as Honda don't do them for this model and i thought it might be too new a model for pattern parts.

Re Le Mans, i was there in 06 and camped with the same motley crue that we're going with this time. A little more luxury this time by staying in a logged cabin.

I wouldn't have been in this situation if a certain 20 year old filly hadn't rammed me off my 1250 bandit 6 months ago and wrote it off so i do have something to be thankful for.

I see you have a DCT, i test rode it and liked it but i'm kinda old school and feel i needed that clutch to grab. It was nearly a hard decision between the two but i am glad i got my conventional one

Jelly, that sounds a great idea.
Our club members would rather go to rallies and get smashed. I got a bike and i just love the freedom of riding and seeing new places.

I got some 'universal' fork guards from Amazon, clip on then secure with a cable tie.

This type.

E7982A6B-8927-4B41-8696-D420AFFC50EB_zpsyaazwtid.jpg

I used the Triumph fork guards and they work great. I jumped straight onto the 750 and didn't consider the 700, I didn't want to compromise. Scrumpymike can you comment on the improvements?

So Ruggybuggy, these Trumpet fork guards, are they standard for all Triumphs or from a specific model? I shall indeed wise up on the cable tied Amazon blighters too. Or i may attempt to make my own. :)

Cheers

Last edited:
I used the Triumph fork guards and they work great.
+1 on the Triumph Fork Guards
They are a Triumph part and bolt on as if made for the NC :)
Triumph Fork Protector Part Number A9641010
Because it is for a older Triumph you can pick them up for a Fiver :D

Andy

Solent Biker, I fitted universal 'BikeIt' ones. Simple to do but can be a bit fiddly. After fitting several sets, I found it's much easier if you hold the grippy rubber strip in place on the forks and stick a small piece of black pvc tape over the join where the ends of the strip meet. With the rubber strip secured, you've got two hands free to open out the guards and position them properly.

[URL=http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/scrumpymike/media/021_zpsabb095e6.jpg.html][/URL]

I used the Triumph fork guards and they work great. I jumped straight onto the 750 and didn't consider the 700, I didn't want to compromise. Scrumpymike can you comment on the improvements?

I went from a manual 700 to a DCT 750, so can't really compare like with like. Saying that, the 750 definitely pulls stronger, feels smoother, and the rough patch my 700 had around 3000rpm is gone. No noticeable change to mpg either.

200 miles into having the NC 750 XA and i am chuffed as nuts with her.
She feels so light compared to my last bike.
My Bandit was very top heavy and i dropped her several times.
With the NC having the vast majority of her weight down low she is so much more manageable in low speed turns and quite torquey when opening her up.

I was so close to opting for the candy red version over the white before plumping for the latter. The fact that it wasn't a gloss finish on the white was the reason i didn't want it but after seeing others in varying lights i went for the non glossed white. Since i have ridden it i have had a 100% response from friends, family and strangers alike that she is one goooood looking lady.

First wash today and she certainly deserved it with all the crud and salt/grit that has been adhered to her since my 2nd ride out. Now gleaming once again and awaiting for fresh attachments to apply to bodywork etc.

P1030648.jpgP1030650.jpg

Hello Solent biker, im loving your 'white lady' !
Please keep me up to date with any farkle additions, i'll be really interested to hear how and why you choose then and what fitting is like.
ive had my 700 since late October, im currently in the Algarve and i shipped my bike, so im cheating the UK winter, although its been huge rain for two days :-(
Keep safe :)

Christmas Eve eve and i'm torn between going out for a refreshing ride or adding some farkles to my ride.

I managed to fit the centre stand last night which was a little tricky but i got there with some cord and a ratchet strap.

Having done that it opens up avenues, so now i can take front wheel off to gain access to front mudguard. I need to that off to fit fender extender in my kitchen as it's a little warmer in there than the garage (i'm using a sealant rather than mechanical fixings as it should look the bees).

Then while i am in that area of the bike i shall fit the fork protectors that i manufactured myself.

Happy days. :)

Back