• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc 700x - pick up from a stand still

JoeZ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just wanted to note. Today while stopped at a red light on a semi main road between two resdintial neighborhoods, a young man and his girl stopped along-side of me in a fancy black corvette. Anyway, you kinda get the picture. I know I'm an old man, but "they" couldn't tell cuz of my shaded helmet. In any case I was getting the vibe that he was gonna pull away in a hurry (on purpose and to maybe make a point). Sounds silly but it is what it is. Normally Things like this don't get to me, BUT...... I've only had the NC about 4 months and most of the time it's been in the garage having accessories put on it...LOL..... So, I figured why not check to see what she had inside her. Well, when the light turned "green" - as expected, the corvette pulled out expeditiously. Well, to his surprise the NC was right there alongside him. Anticipating he would gun it, I did, and he did. Till we reached the next light about a quarter of a mile (where I turned right), I believe I left the young couple a little more humbled. Won't be doing that again anytime soon.... But for those curious .... The NC May not be a sporty Ninja bike, but it's plenty fast enough for this old guy :)

What I would have done is give a nob to the Corvette driver then let him take off like a "bat out of hell" and I just sit there and laugh.

Last edited:
Haha, Ruggy!!!!!!!!! I did that once a few years back (with my son in the car). I asked him if he wanted to see something funny. I watched my rear view mirror as a police unit was driving towards me from the back a distance and revd my engine next to a young man in a fancy sports truck. We were in my 1997 Toyota 4Runner. The 4Runner had close to 200,000 miles on it and couldn't hurt a fly :). When the light turned green the other truck burned rubber pulling away and the approaching police unit pursed and stopped him as we eventually drove by them. True story LoL...... :))))))))))

Last edited:
As you can see, the boy is used to my silly sense of humor...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 357
Well first of all that's a great story and I think that very few of us can consistently fight the urge to exercise our youthful exuberance on the throttle. Boy's will be boys regardless of age.

Secondly you don't look that old to me and I expect we are probably in the same age range so it pains me when others call themselves "old men". I prefer the words "experienced and wiser".

Finally and no offence to you or the NCX but the guy in the corvette either didn't know how to drive it or was being a wuss because assuming it was a model from at least the last 12 years it should have/could have left the NCX in the dust with about a 350 HP advantage over the NCX even with the weight difference. Regardless, I am glad you were able to keep up with him. Personally I have never had the chance to go head to head with a vette but I do get a big kick when some young punk in his little 4 cyl. tuner car with the stupid chain-saw sounding muffler tries to best me on the FJR. :cool:

Jeff Goldblum grew a beard!

I have doubled Jeff a few times throughout the years lol.

Last edited:
Well first of all that's a great story and I think that very few of us can consistently fight the urge to exercise our youthful exuberance on the throttle. Boy's will be boys regardless of age.

Secondly you don't look that old to me and I expect we are probably in the same age range so it pains me when others call themselves "old men". I prefer the words "experienced and wiser".

Finally and no offence to you or the NCX but the guy in the corvette either didn't know how to drive it or was being a wuss because assuming it was a model from at least the last 12 years it should have/could have left the NCX in the dust with about a 350 HP advantage over the NCX even with the weight difference. Regardless, I am glad you were able to keep up with him. Personally I have never had the chance to go head to head with a vette but I do get a big kick when some young punk in his little 4 cyl. tuner car with the stupid chain-saw sounding muffler tries to best me on the FJR. :cool:

This year I'm hitting 52 .... Or something like that. But people peg me for early 40s LOL :)
In the picture my hair is dyed and the beard is grown to double an actor on a bike show. :)
As for exercising our youthful exuberance on the throttle.... Let's just say that's how I use to make my living :) LOL

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 320
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
When I was a young boy my father, an older gentleman at the time, drove a 1989 Chevy suburban... It was a tank.

One day when driving home from church we came to a stop light, my father was playing classical music on the stereo. A young kid and his girlfriend (we assume) in a Mazda miata, I believe, convertible for sure, pulled up next to us... he rev'd engine, and my dad chuckled, put the suburban in neutral (it was an automatic) and gentle tapped the gas to give the big ol' engine a little bit of a purr...

At that point it was on, there as 400 yards until the two lanes merged into one...
My mother knowing what was about to happen, pulled her seat belt tight and told us kids to sit back.

The light turned green, 4 tons of steel and a family of 7 were accelerated off the line with every bit of power a massive Chevy V8 could muster... The classical music was a mix tape, and Holsts Mars from the planets gave way to 1812 overture as the little convertible shrank behind us... he was accelerating as fast as the little 4 banger could... but couldn't even pretend to be keeping up with the small tank that just smoked him off the line and was still pulling away.

As we came to the next red light, my father rolled down the power windows, and turned up 1812 overture to full blast (as he often did when it came time for the cannons) all 8 speakers in the tank blared as 5 children poked their heads up out the rear window, all wearing their sunday best to get a good look at a young kid bury his head in the steering wheel, his girlfriend laughing and laughing... we turned right, they turned left (it was a T)...

Back