• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My NCX decided to lay down on me today..

turbodieseli4i6

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We had some high winds today. This is what I found on the parking lot when I finally got a break.
This is the first time its been down. I hope its the last!

2014 1 12 nc fill up 001 paint.jpg

2014 1 12 nc fill up 003 paint.jpg

2014 1 12 nc fill up 004 paint.jpg

It got a couple of battle scars in the process. I doubt that I will replace the scuffed pannier or Barkbuster though. I think it adds character to my steed.

Last edited:
:eek:

oof!

I came home once to find my BMW on it's side, under the deck. I had it for about a month at that point. The tiny little stiletto sidestand had punctured right through the (shoddy) pavement, and plop! :mad:

I bet you're at least a bit relieved it didn't make it's way over to hitting the other bike. What a hassle that would have been!

We had some high winds today. This is what I found on the parking lot when I finally got a break.
This is the first time its been down. I hope its the last!

It got a couple of battle scars in the process. I doubt that I will replace the scuffed pannier or Barkbuster though. I think it adds character to my steed.
I feel for you, as I have had to pick "Nana Chou" off the ground a few times myself. The one accessory that really cut the number of drops for me was the duck foot.

Kickstand Foot 001.jpg

SmileyOneEyeTounge.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Winds? Wholly Crap. Those were some strong gusts to push a bike over. I honestly would not have thought it possible unless we are talking hurricane force winds. She is a light bike but my CBR's weighted less. I'm going to sit here now and try and think about the direction my bike is parked at work and which direction the winds run.

Sorry to hear about this though. I'd be pretty upset if I came outside and my bike was laying over. Hopefully the items you mentioned is the only damaged that occurred.

Next time you post shocking pictures like that give us a warning in the title line!

Bet your heart sank when you came upon that sight. Hope the damage is light.

I'm sure there's some merit to parking where the wind hits the bike on it's right side, but if the winds are gusty and variable, it probably wouldn't help.

Last edited:
That's a bummer. I think that barn door of a windscreen is to blame.

(sound of Dave ducking) :)

Good that nothing else was damaged and it did not hit the HD next to you and require an insurance claim. I know we had very high winds on Saturday here with gusts over 30 and the cold front that did this will pass here tonight.

Bad "Juju" when you park next to a Harley! Great opportunity to experiment with Plasti-Dip I suppose.

Sorry about the drop and glad the damage was slight.

I was surprised to find how little a gradient it takes to make the bike on the side stand very unstable some weeks ago. I'd put the bike on the sidestand on my parking place which has a slight slope. The sidestand was on the upslope side but the bike was leaning over the sidestand and looked ok - but when I tried to clean off a dirt smear with a wet coloth I very nearly dropped the bike then and there with the slightest pressure.

One thing I learned almost right away about my NC was if you are going to park your NC on it's side stand in high winds, make sure you park it with the side stand opposite of the wind direction. This literally almost happened to me last year when we had windgusts of over 40mph. Luckily security called me to inform me my bike was "moving" and I was able to turn it around. A few weeks later I put a center stand on it, and never worried about it after.

I will say that one major gripe I have about the NC is I find mine gets tossed around in a strong wind, both parked and going down the road. It's not like my older bike where wind barely effects it.

I could have prevented this mishap because I had heard the winds could hit 45mph earlier. I had full intentions of backing the bike in at break time, but a power failure occurred and I was busy getting machines back online. Normally I have plenty of cages blocking the wind for me but not this day.

I am glad it didn't fall on the Harley and break a skull off. The owner said skulls and flames cost a bunch!

OCR I don't think that would have helped much, unless it weighs a 100 pounds. I do carry a different version of that in the cubby though.

I could replace the scuffed pannier for around a $100, but I will probably keep it as is.

Dang that must have been some kind of gust. BTW, skid plate is looking a little dirty.
It should be dirty! I haven't washed the bike in months.

If your NC "decided to lay down" then perhaps you are not letting it get enough rest.

It had a week off because of that snow storm. I was ready too ride that thing.

That's a bummer. I think that barn door of a windscreen is to blame.

(sound of Dave ducking) :)

Good that nothing else was damaged and it did not hit the HD next to you and require an insurance claim. I know we had very high winds on Saturday here with gusts over 30 and the cold front that did this will pass here tonight.

LOL! That barn door helps me keep from freezing when it gets cold! I might have to carry an anchor for the bike now.

Last edited:
Normally a bike is more stable on the side stand - the base of the triangle between the three contact points is wider compared to being on the center stand - but the stock 700x rear spring rate is so soft that when we add luggage or cargo the bike sags enough to stand the bike up too close to vertical. I know that when mine is loaded on a trip with panniers/top box installed and full of cargo the ground has to be level or even slanted down to the left for me to be comfortable to leave it on the side stand.

Normally a bike is more stable on the side stand - the base of the triangle between the three contact points is wider compared to being on the center stand - but the stock 700x rear spring rate is so soft that when we add luggage or cargo the bike sags enough to stand the bike up too close to vertical. I know that when mine is loaded on a trip with panniers/top box installed and full of cargo the ground has to be level or even slanted down to the left for me to be comfortable to leave it on the side stand.
Good point. I forgot how bad that problem was before I installed my aftermarket rear shock. Had to go right side to gas pumps as the drainage slope away from some pumps was too much for the stand to work with bags loaded. Had to get my weight off the suspension to put the stand down at all. Waited until after I had shock replaced to install my kickstand foot.

Hmmm? That goes to show I've never had mine really loaded down because I run the trunk and panniers all the time. They have never been off. I have some stuff in them but not packed to the gills and mine still leans pretty good.

What are you carrying around? 50lbs dumbells

What a bummer! That would break my heart to see any of my bikes over like that. :(

You should've knocked that harley over just to balance things up a bit.

In fact, how do you know it wasn't the harley rider who pushed it over out of jealousy? :confused:

Back