• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My NC gas mileage last tank

That's what I'm talking about... I haven't ridden my NC over the last week I'm stuck at 245 miles I might have hosed myself because of evaporation. Anyway on my way out now with the aux fuel can just to be sure I was defiantly on pace to hit 300 my first bar didn't drop until 96 miles on this tank.

Awesome! Good luck, and report your results!

Awesome! Good luck, and report your results!

Well looks like the evaporation took its toll. I managed 284.6 miles and it ran out at 3.6 gallons so that was 78 mpg so slightly worse than last tank but I'm pretty sure I would have hit 300 I went into reserve at 226 miles I think having my bike sit in the hot sun for at least a week probably closer to 2 weeks without riding might have made the difference. Oh well.

Taking off fast with 80-85 mph riding will do it. Or ride fast in a headwind, My NC doesn't have the MPG meter, so I do it the old the old fashioned way, and put it in Fuelly when I get the chance.

How? I got damn near that running my 120 hp 1100CC V4 from 1984. I was aggressively running 80-85 for the first 50 miles of this tank and was at 58 MPG AVG per the gauge.

The NC is relatively under powered, so at higher speeds you have to use a disproportionate amount of fuel (compared to say your big V4, or my KTM) to continue at said speed. I'm also in California which is currently knee-deep in the "summer blend" of fuels, which are far less efficient. If I ride at 65mph, I will almost certainly see 65 miles per gallon. The moment I increase my speed, my fuel economy drops exponentially. If I go to say, 75mph, I get around 55. If I'm riding a constant 80 or so, it's down to that 48-50 range. My riding is almost constantly at freeway speeds, with wind in one direction, I use side boxes and a top box 24/7 and I definitely don't go 65. :)

On the other side of the coin, I get 40 on my KTM no matter how I ride it. It just makes more power to push through the increased drag, without really increasing fuel usage much.

Taking off fast with 80-85 mph riding will do it. Or ride fast in a headwind, My NC doesn't have the MPG meter, so I do it the old the old fashioned way, and put it in Fuelly when I get the chance.

Mine doesn't either.

I have, however, found that keeping track of when the first bar disappears is a pretty darn good indicator of the mileage I'm getting. It's usually within 5mpg of what my total tank will be. Today's clicked off at 53 miles, so I'll make a mental note to get gas at 150 miles and I'd be willing to bet it takes right around 3 gallons when I do that. :)

Back