• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My best upgrade so far

johnkrumm

Reaction score
Visit site
Sometime around Christmas I started doing regular exercise, nothing big, just 7 minutes a day, 12 exercises total, don't even take my jeans off, keep it simple. Just enough to get me winded and feel it in my arms and legs and get the heart rate up (It's the NYTimes exercise routine and there are a ton of apps for it). I knew I had become stronger over the months but I really learned how strong when I finally took the bike out today for the first time this year (I know, way too late for various reasons). I could not believe how much lighter the bike felt and how much more in control of it I was. I especially noticed it in stops where I felt sure and solid when I set my feet down. I felt more alert even.

Just wanted to share that.

John

Sometime around Christmas I started doing regular exercise, nothing big, just 7 minutes a day, 12 exercises total, don't even take my jeans off, keep it simple. Just enough to get me winded and feel it in my arms and legs and get the heart rate up (It's the NYTimes exercise routine and there are a ton of apps for it). I knew I had become stronger over the months but I really learned how strong when I finally took the bike out today for the first time this year (I know, way too late for various reasons). I could not believe how much lighter the bike felt and how much more in control of it I was. I especially noticed it in stops where I felt sure and solid when I set my feet down. I felt more alert even.

Just wanted to share that.

John

Same here more or less. I stared exercising in earnest last September with the 7 Minute Workout app for my ancient iPhone 3GS every other day. A month ago I started doing it every day. I added 5 seconds to the the 10 second break so my workout lasts 8 minutes.

honestly I can't imagine riding a motorcycle without some physical exercising.
It's for your own safety and convenience.

I'm 66, retired and have been doing 10 minutes (not to be confused w/11 minutes) daily for the last couple years (take Sundays off) on an elliptical trainer, which gets me into a mild sweat and ups my heart rate.
After that, I get on an inversion table and 'cup' my knees for 70 seconds, the hardest part of the whole routine.

Daily non impact exercise to up the heart rate and motorcycling is vital for a long life.

Daily non impact exercise to up the heart rate and motorcycling is vital for a long life.

exactly, I complement my riding with bicycling, moderate weight lifting and some yoga/taichi workouts.
I started weight lifting because of nc750x weight, when I first got it I couldn't even move rear wheel to slide bike on the garage floor.
Now I can.

I should start exercising .
after a run out yesterday only did about 45 miles and I started to feel a little stiff in my legs.
got to admit I'm not fit as I like to think I am.
I'm a heavy breather due to my lungs not as normal.
doctor explain to me that my lung air pockets some have joined together making it difficult to shift lung infection like a bad cough.
I can't remember what name she called but there you go.
I don't do any exercise at all other going for walks with my wife now and again.
I bought one of these cross trainers full of good intentions start off ok but then ah bugger it I'll start on again tomorrow but never do.
my wife and two son's keep telling that I should keep doing it every day.
by the time I feel motivated I'll be wearing wooden over coat.
this what I have.
41sLnRyjCOL._SY300_.jpg

My Mother is 90 this year w/better joint movement than me. She rides a stationary bicycle for 20 minutes daily, while saying the Rosary (her motivation).

I've been able to stay w/my program by limiting it to 10 minutes on the trainer, any longer and I think I would fail to stay motivated. So far, so good. Getting the heart rate up daily is very important, even if for only a short period.

Any little bit is better than none. I do the 8 flights of stairs from the basement at work and usually wearing all my moto gear which adds about 20 pounds of weight, but since getting the NC I leave the helmet in the frunk which takes off a few pounds with the lugging of junk factor. I have to start lifting weights because when I teach the basic the motorcycle course I have to haul 10 training bikes out of the storage trailer and then push them back up the ramp into the trailer at the end of the day, get pretty tired after that.

Want to make an even bigger difference? Add a clean diet in with the exercise. No processed foods. Lots of vegetables and healthy carbs and protein. Smaller portions at restaurants. Cut back on the alcohol. Stick with it and it becomes a lifestyle. The results are amazing.

Want to make an even bigger difference? Add a clean diet in with the exercise. No processed foods. Lots of vegetables and healthy carbs and protein. Smaller portions at restaurants. Cut back on the alcohol. Stick with it and it becomes a lifestyle. The results are amazing.

now we're talking but to complete harmony you would need to convert your bike to electric as well. :cool:

Back