• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Motorcycle travesty - Who built the worst looking motorcycle?

What was it with 1990's bikes and ugly color schemes? Weird combinations of neon, pastels, and just ugly colors. I thought they were ugly even in the 90's. Kawasaki was a real offender there with the teal and purple. I suppose it wasn't so bad on their Jet Skis but they really didn't need to unify ugly color schemes across platforms.

Did anyone ever think these were cool?

90sfashions1.jpg

I had a pair back in the day, granted I was like 8 years old.

how about this then the 70's style.
240942_f1024.jpg

[video=youtube_share;-0fT9BHpImI]http://youtu.be/-0fT9BHpImI[/video]

You guys are starting to hit us old guys where we lived!! Wide lapel Angel Flight corduroy suits, afros on white guys, big glasses and best of all, Disco!!

Photo of this monstrosity taken at the 2006 Long Beach Motorcycle Show:

View attachment 17781
You know it is a real radial engine when they are catching the oil drip underneath. Wonder what has to be done to turn the engine a couple times to get oil out of bottom cylinders before starting? Don't see a propeller to do it with.

You know it is a real radial engine when they are catching the oil drip underneath. Wonder what has to be done to turn the engine a couple times to get oil out of bottom cylinders before starting? Don't see a propeller to do it with.

I found a video of Jay Leno starting this bike and they pulled the lower plugs to drain any oil in the bottom cylinders.

Jesse James bike Radial Hell - YouTube

I had a Blast for 6 months back in '02. Was the most UNreliable vehicle (not just bike) that I have ever owned. I salute your creativity.

I heard the Blast 02's were problematic! My wife got 55k miles on an 05 and the bottom end finally went. I bought her an 09 and she has 43k miles on it now. Never a problem with the 09. It is a rarely ridden bike these days as she has several others she prefers to ride but that is nearly 100k between the two. Not too bad for a Thumper!

Here is my vote for Ugly but it was designed by Dan Gurney which makes it cool at the same time.

Attachments

• gurneyalligator.jpg
    gurneyalligator.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 766
Last edited:
The Madura has got to be at the top of the list.

View attachment 4783

Have to disagree. While a bit square in the pic, to actually see this is to realize what it was. Ill-fated from the beginning - simply because it was too expensive - with regard to that engine. Ahead of its time. We had two in our riders group 20 years ago. This thing would MOVE even two-up. Wonderful sound, too. Keep in mind what the times were when it was built.

< I will step off my soap box, now, thanks>

Back