• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Motorcycle Insurance for the NC700X in the USA

Here is a quote I got from Progressive (my Wing is with them already):

Your 12-month policy premium is $371.00 if paid in full (that's up to $43.00 in savings over our payment plans!) or start a policy today for $62.10.
2013 HONDA NC700X
Bodily Injury & Property Damage: $100,000 person/$300,000 accident/$50,000 property damage
Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $15,000 person/$30,000 accident
Pedestrian Personal Injury Protection: $250,000 (with $250 ded and 20% co-pay)
Medical Payments: No coverage
Transport Trailer: No coverage
Physical Damage Options: Actual Cash Value
Comprehensive: $500 deductible
Collision: $500 deductible
Disappearing Deductibles: Selected
Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Property Damage: $5,000 (with $500 deductible)
Roadside Assistance: Selected
Accessory coverage: $3,000 (Included)

P

My thought on uninsured/underinsured...........you get hit by a FEDEX truck no problem.........you get hit by uninsured teen ager or drunk driver, illegal alien etc you may have BIG problem because you can spend $15,000 in 5 hours in the ER. A 3 or 4 week stay $500,000 is very possible. This need does vary if you have good health insurance ( some of that coverage have limits too lifetime or otherwise). These kind of numbers makes the cost of the bike and accessories irrelevant.

HOPE I never need any insurance.

Last edited:
My thought on uninsured/underinsured...........you get hit by a FEDEX truck no problem.........you get hit by uninsured teen ager or drunk driver, illegal alien etc you may have BIG problem because you can spend $15,000 in 5 hours in the ER. A 3 or 4 week stay $500,000 is very possible. This need does vary if you have good health insurance ( some of that coverage have limits too lifetime or otherwise). These kind of numbers makes the cost of the bike and accessories irrelevant.

HOPE it never need any insurance.

I ABSOLUTELY agree!! A couple years ago when I got taken out on my V-Rod by someone in a dually they had $hitty insurance. The state bare minimum. I spent 4days in the hospital with some pretty nasty road rash over 10% of my body with 2nd degree burns due to the friction of trading skin with the pavement. All my lawyer was able to get for me from the accident was 15k, with 33% for him the left me with a little under 10k. Had I had under inssured coverage he said he could have EASILY gotten me over 50k for my injuries. I now have my underinsured coverage at 100k.

Your 12-month policy premium is $371.00 if paid in full (that's up to $43.00 in savings over our payment plans!) or start a policy today for $62.10.
2013 HONDA NC700X
Bodily Injury & Property Damage: $100,000 person/$300,000 accident/$50,000 property damage
Comprehensive: $500 deductible
Collision: $500 deductible
Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Property Damage: $5,000 (with $500 deductible)
Roadside Assistance: Selected

Try raising the uninsured/underinsured to the same limits as the liability, raise comprehensive deductible to $1000, and drop collision and see what the premium is. Comprehensive is not a needed coverage but it's usually pretty cheap compared to collision.

Also note that if you join or have joined the American Motorcyclist Association, you get free roadside assistance on ALL your household's vehicles (motorhomes, boat trailers, cars, trucks, motorcycles, scooters, minivans, excludes utility trailers). So if you have that, don't duplicate it on an insurance policy if it's an added cost.

Greg

Last edited:
Try raising the uninsured/underinsured to the same limits as the liability, raise deductible to $1000, and drop collision and see what the premium is.

Also note that if you join or have joined the American Motorcyclist Association, you get free roadside assistance on ALL your household's vehicles (motorhomes, boat trailers, cars, trucks, motorcycles, scooters, minivans, excludes utility trailers). So if you have that, don't duplicate it on an insurance policy if it's an added cost.

Greg

+1 on the $1000 deductable. A while ago after I got a bonus from work I put $1000 in a savings account for this purpose. It stays there and I never touch it, that way I can be comfortable with a $1000 deductable, it's covered and it lowers my monthly payments.

Here it is red0ne as per your suggestions (THANK YOU!)

Your 12-month policy premium is $347.00 if paid in full

Policy coverages
Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $100,000 person/$300,000 accident
Vehicle coverages for 2013 HONDA NC700X
Comprehensive: $1,000 deductible
Collision: $1,000 deductible
Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Property Damage: $50,000 (with $500 deductible)
Roadside Assistance: No coverage

I insured mine with Personal for 700/year in Ottawa. Of course they gave a CMA group member credit, don't know how much that made a difference though. However, when I got quote from TD it was close to your number, even after the discounts. Maybe helpful if you shop around...

Well, if it's any consolation (if no help, sorry) my NC700X costs me about $2,000.00 +/- per year, to insure up here.

Holy damn, 700 bucks would be awesome! :eek:

:(

I checked with my State Farm agent a few months ago when I started looking at the NC. Full coverage for it will run me more or less what liability and un/underinsured and comp run me on my two bikes combined right now $275 - 300.00 per year.

I registered and have been reading all over this forum the past few days, but just got my permission to post/reply - woo hoo!

I fell out of my chair when I saw the Progressive insurance quote for my new NC700X - was 3.5x more than for the '09 KLR 650 I traded in (from $134 to $426/yr) - same person, coverages and location:
Liability: 100/300/50 went from $16 to $49
$1000 deductible Comprehensive from $9 to $14
$1000 deductible Collision from $20 to $153 (7.65x!)
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist 100/300 from $78 to $209

I understand that the NC is a newer bike, so collision would be higher, but was expecting more like 2-3x. The Liability and UIM increases are baffling considering the KLR and NC700 are close to the same weight and power - especially the UIM, which is independent of the vehicle coverage. I can only speculate that Progressive views the KLR as an off-road bike (less likely to hit or be hit by another vehicle?), and/or that they view the NC as a 600cc+ crotch-rocket (much more likely to be ridden fast and hit or be hit by another vehicle).

I already got an on-line quote from Geico with same coverages ($299) and will be getting more quotes from other companies tomorrow. Looks like Progressive will lose this customer.

I registered and have been reading all over this forum the past few days, but just got my permission to post/reply - woo hoo!

I fell out of my chair when I saw the Progressive insurance quote for my new NC700X - was 3.5x more than for the '09 KLR 650 I traded in (from $134 to $426/yr) - same person, coverages and location:

I understand that the NC is a newer bike, so collision would be higher, but was expecting more like 2-3x. The Liability and UIM increases are baffling considering the KLR and NC700 are close to the same weight and power - especially the UIM, which is independent of the vehicle coverage. I can only speculate that Progressive views the KLR as an off-road bike (less likely to hit or be hit by another vehicle?), and/or that they view the NC as a 600cc+ crotch-rocket (much more likely to be ridden fast and hit or be hit by another vehicle).

I already got an on-line quote from Geico with same coverages ($299) and will be getting more quotes from other companies tomorrow. Looks like Progressive will lose this customer.

Please, keep us posted. I am still searching as well... Got about a month left to decide..

My DL1000 was around $200 a year thru Progressive and my X is $525 !!!.
The DL and the X are less than $1,000 difference in replacement cost.
I called 4 other companies and they were all within $30 a year for the X..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I probably replied earlier in the thread but to repeat I pay less than $190 a year with Allstate. Full coverage, high limits, inc uninsured motorist. I don't know why companies are rating the X so high and Allstate isn't.

I probably replied earlier in the thread but to repeat I pay less than $190 a year with Allstate. Full coverage, high limits, inc uninsured motorist. I don't know why companies are rating the X so high and Allstate isn't.

Allstate told me,$495 a year.
I'm 50,own my home,clean record and have taken the MSF course and have over 30 years riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to compare insurance rates, even for the same company, in different parts of the country simply will not compute. There are too many variables they take into account such as density of traffic, level of congestion, cost of repairs etc. Even within a state it will depend whether you live in an urban or rural area. The only valid comparison would be for 2 riders who lived in the same city, riding the same bike, with the same driving record, traveling the same amount of annual miles, wanting the same coverages, and then seeing what 2 (or more) companies will quote. When I moved from a small (pop. 800) town in rural Iowa to here (small rural city, pop. 25,000) my car insurance doubled on the same cars, with the same company and the same coverages. My agent was surprised when I told him that, but he didn't lower my coverages!

. Even within a state it will depend whether you live in an urban or rural area. The only valid comparison would be for 2 riders who lived in the same city, riding the same bike, with the same driving record, traveling the same amount of annual miles, wanting the same coverages, !

Agree..........Possible same city rates would change with ZIP CODE

Whatever your insurance, if you don't ride over the winter, call your insurance company and tell them to put it on "storage" status. You need to tell them start date and mileage, and then call them when you are ready for your first ride to take it off storage. This can save a few bucks.

Whatever your insurance, if you don't ride over the winter, call your insurance company and tell them to put it on "storage" status. ... This can save a few bucks.

It depends where you live. Here in Canada, we have snow about 6-7 months a year and insurances companies adjust their prices taking that into account. They gives us a chart on our papers breaking down the fees per months. November through April are worth nothing, maybe 5 bucks per months.

FYI, I pay $170 a year for a full coverage, including road side assistance (??) and new value in the event of a complete wreck. That's for my $9K NC. I was paying $190 for the same coverage on my $31K Goldwing... Go figure..

$295 per year through Rider Insurance. Full coverage that includes road side assistance and towing.

Helmet, gloves, jacket is also covered.

Back