• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Motorcycle Insurance for the NC700X in the USA

While my first quote was with Progressive, who always insured my bikes, GEICO (which was listed on the Honda Powersports site as a partner) beat their quote by 25%. Now, I hope I never need to collect, but I do wonder if getting a payout is as easy to get as the coverage?

First off, raise your deductable to 1000.00. If a bike even falls over these days it will cost you a grand, and you won't turn that in anyways. I pay 150.00/yr for good coverage w/progressive, and that includes up to 2500 in accessories as well.

Y'all don't have the problems we have down here... See my other post in this thread. Uninsured/under-insured, medical and pip is the killer here. Liability, collision, comprehensive is cheap. I carry insurance to cover me and my investment. I don't think I'm gonna cause a whole lot of personal/property damage if I am at fault in an accident...

Unisured motorist is very important for motorcyclists to carry. Sure, we usually make only a small dent in the car we hit but if we survive uninsured motorist pays for things like long term care and changes to your home allowing recovery at home that medical and the other guys' insurance does not cover. Talk to a knowledgable agent about it.

Every time I have ever tried to insure a motorcycle, sport bike, Harley, enduro or whatever, Dairyland insurance has beaten everyone else out. Not just for cost but also for service, and when I traded my GSX-R in five months into a policy I got a refund check in the mail for almost half of what I had paid for a year, so there is definitely something about what they consider a sport bike.

Thanks. I might have to check them out. I've been with Progressive for a few years with several vehicles and felt I had good service when I did need to file a claim. I'm very happy I can get most of what I need from their web site without ever having to talk to an agent. I'm hoping that accident statistics will eventually show it is less risky than a sport bike and drive what they charge down.

I'm also in Texas on Gulf Coast, insure full coverage with GEICO for $434 a year.

Pabaldeagle, I had GEICO on my Harley when Hurricane Ike came through and killed it. As soon as we got cell phone service and finished up with all the other problems, I called them. Adjuster was out the next day, it was settled within a week. The roads were almost impassable, internet service was zero, cell phone was spotty, and they were overrun. They were still quick and that's why we cancelled our other car insurance, other than having no cars either, but went with GEICO on everything. They're also the nicest folks on the phone I've ever dealt with, always.

Try Foremost insurance. For me they were about $70.00 cheaper than progressive. I paid about $370.00 for the year. Full coverage except medical payments.

I spoke with a GEICO representative on the phone about a month ago and she told me the NCX was classified as a scooter. I'm paying $305/yr for the Honda and $250/yr for my lady friend's 2011 Yamaha, with the multiple bike discount.

I must live in the worst neighborhood for insurance. Foremost charged me $1500 for liability, uninsured motorist, and theft insurance. I went to GEICO: $740 for full coverage.

For some reason, which I don't understand, the cost to fully insure a Honda NC700X (Liability, Uninsured/Underinsured, Comp & Collision is over two times as much as to insure as my Suzuki S50 (800cc) Boulevard with similar coverage. Both bikes cost about the same (new), and have about the same horsepower. The main difference is, the S50 is a cruiser, while the NC700X is an Adventure Bike.

It's unfortunate that the insurance is so much, as any savings from increase mileage is offset by the higher insurance costs.

I've talked to several Honda Dealerships about this problem, hoping that maybe Honda can explain to the insurance companies, that the NC700X is not a high performance bike.

A few months back, I was comparing costs of insuring motocycles, and it was cheaper to insure, with full coverage, a new BMW F650 GS, then the Honda NC700X.

Has anyone had any luck at finding full coverage in the US at reasonable rates? I"m looking at about $700 a year with 50,000/100,000 liability, no medical, and 250 deductable for Comp and Collision.

Thanks for any help.

Whoa THIS would be a deal breaker for me for this bike. I pay $370 a year for an 07 V Star 1300 $300K liability/Under insured/uninsured. Comprehensive/ $1000 deductible. with Markell Best credit no tiks over 50. Homeowner.

Half of my premium is for under insured and uninsured. the most important coverage anyone who rides should have.

If my insurance rates were not cut buying this bike I would pass and go for the V Strom or keep the 1300. This is not a sport bike by any stretch of the imagination.

I just did a quick Geico quote for an NCX

250/500K Liability Same limits Uninsured underinsured 25K
50K property damage.
$1000 Deductible comprehensive
NO collision ( I never buy collision)

No towing

$553 a year. Higher than my 1300

Last edited:
Well I bought a NC700X and insured it and my existing bike with Progressive Insurance. I cancelled the coverage I had with Geico. By increasing my collision and comprehensive deductable to $1000 on the NC700 but keeping the collision and comprehensive deductable to $250 on my Suzuki S50 (803cc), and with liability 50,000/100,000, property damage $25,000, noninsured and underinsurance $25,000/$50,000 my yearly insurance rate for both bikes are about $660 a year. Something I can live with. It seems that including the Suzuki S50 in the policy substantially lowered my insurance cost on the NC700X.

Just got my Foremost Insurance Company Insurance quote:

2012 Honda NC700X DCT ABS
2011 Honda PCX125

Bodily Injury: 100k/300k
Property: 50k
uninsured/under insured: 100K/300K
Medical: 1k
Optional Equipment: 3500 (standard in comprehensive)
Towing/RSA: included

Deductible: $500

Annual Premium: $621.00

I plan on seeing a quote with a deductible at $1000 but I like my quote. progressive wanted 112 more and geico was wack at 217 more for the same coverage.

Just got my Foremost Insurance Company Insurance quote:

2012 Honda NC700X DCT ABS
2011 Honda PCX125

Bodily Injury: 100k/300k
Property: 50k
uninsured/under insured: 100K/300K
Medical: 1k
Optional Equipment: 3500 (standard in comprehensive)
Towing/RSA: included

Deductible: $500

Annual Premium: $621.00

I plan on seeing a quote with a deductible at $1000 but I like my quote. progressive wanted 112 more and geico was wack at 217 more for the same coverage.

Be sure to check with Progressive, too. Insurance rates are very personal, and driven by many, many factors. I don't carry collision coverage, but do I pay less than half of your Foremost quote for the all six machines combined (three scooters and three motorcycles) in our fleet. It pays to shop.

Greg

My Car is with progressive, but they are being a dick, according to them I have to go through my agent to get insurance, and my agent does not exist anymore. I'll try tomorrow to see if I can get that fixed, and get a proper rate.

Be sure to check with Progressive, too. Insurance rates are very personal, and driven by many, many factors. I don't carry collision coverage, but do I pay less than half of your Foremost quote for the all six machines combined (three scooters and three motorcycles) in our fleet. It pays to shop.

Greg

Agree Progressive seems to one of the few that realize I can only ride one bike at time.........so they seem to give a discount pricing for multiple bike coverage.
I also do not carry collision coverage.

You do not know the quality of your insurance coverage until you have to make a claim...........knock on wood no claims and no claims planned for the future:)

In the US I think uninsured/under insured coverage is by far the most important coverage one should carry and have a very high limit.

Last edited:
In the US I think uninsured/under insured coverage is by far the most important coverage one should carry and have a very high limit.

I agree on the uninsured/under insured coverage. In addition:

If I crash the motorcycle, all I stand to lose is the motorcycle (ignoring for the moment, possible personal injury or death:(). Loss of the motorcycle will be an inconvenience, but would not force a long term lifestyle change. Therefore, no collision coverage.

If I cause loss to the other party, I could lose everything I own and some of my future earnings as well. On a motorcycle, a significant liability claim is unlikely, but it carries the risk of greatest potential loss. Therefore, get very high liability limits - one million dollars or more if you can get it. Often your limit for uninsured/underinsured cannot be higher than your liability limits, so you would be getting high limits on both uninsured/underinsured and liability.

I realize all these coverages and terms vary greatly from state to state and country to country. YMMV.

Greg

For some reason, which I don't understand, the cost to fully insure a Honda NC700X (Liability, Uninsured/Underinsured, Comp & Collision is over two times as much as to insure as my Suzuki S50 (800cc) Boulevard with similar coverage. Both bikes cost about the same (new), and have about the same horsepower. The main difference is, the S50 is a cruiser, while the NC700X is an Adventure Bike.

It's unfortunate that the insurance is so much, as any savings from increase mileage is offset by the higher insurance costs.

I've talked to several Honda Dealerships about this problem, hoping that maybe Honda can explain to the insurance companies, that the NC700X is not a high performance bike.

A few months back, I was comparing costs of insuring motocycles, and it was cheaper to insure, with full coverage, a new BMW F650 GS, then the Honda NC700X.

Has anyone had any luck at finding full coverage in the US at reasonable rates? I"m looking at about $700 a year with 50,000/100,000 liability, no medical, and 250 deductable for Comp and Collision.

Thanks for any help.

YUP,the NC was over 2 times the cost of my DL1000!!!.Even thought replacement values are within $1000 of each other !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a company called Progressive and they have always been fair with me. I pay about $500 a year but that is for minimum coverage with regular medical and uninsured motorist coverage. But remember that everyone is different when you consider age, history and where you live among other seemingly inconsequential details. So my price may not be applicable to others. I personally think that those of us who chose to ride should get break on our insurance coverage since we use less natural resources and are more efficient overall.

I have Progressive also.I called allstate,geico,and dairyland and all were with $30 a year.I have had Progressive for 5 years and was down to $200 a year with the Strom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back