• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MIRRORS x 4

JoeZ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
A little while back on my old 85 Honda Nighthawk I was Riding in LA behind a slow driver in front of me. I along with Cars behind me were getting impatient with the guy in front of us. I used my blinker, looked at my Left Mirror and turned my head left to move into the Left lane to pass the slowing vehicle. What I didn't know was the guy behind me had the same idea. As I was changing lanes, I looked back foward for a fraction of a second to make sure the slow car in front of me wasn't going to suddenly stop. At that moment as I'm changing lanes the car behind me speeds along my side (AS I'M CHANGING INTO THE LANE!). I couldn't ver back to the right because the bottom of my bike would have hit his SUV and I and my bike would have gone down and under his truck. Instead, I "intentionally" continued left and purposefully banged my (padded) shoulder into his side passenger door to bounce off his vehicle. It all happened in a blink of an eye. But if my mirrors would have been better, I would have caught him sooner. Damn, blind spot. Now experimenting with this set up on the NC to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 472
That's freaken hysterical!!!!! :). That's what I feel like LOL!!!! Just experimenting. Need to get a better mirror set up. But my point is made. Too many mirrors suck, but the mirrors on the bike now suck even more.

Just Ordered these. They are adjustable and don't have the long extending rod. These will be a lot less conspicuous and will do the job :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 469
I feel better driving the moto than a cage when it comes to a 'blind spot', as it is much easier to turn my head and look without an obstruction from the car door frame.

I'm dying laughing !!!!! I took those insect antennas off my bike, Jelly.... Hahahah. BUT I'm gonna test those less conspicuous mirrors I ordered when they arrive :))))

When i stop laughing ........might not be everyones cup of tea but im considering this, especially since some cops over there in the US seem to be using it
a Riderscan:
Riderscan

Last edited:
Well, I got rid of my wacky looking bug mirrors and installed a more low key set-up. Here's the final look of my 4 mirror set up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 236
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 204
Yes, you're right. Today's ride was to test all my accessories out. The mirrors did need to be adjusted. Not great, but not too shabby either. Will take pictures from POV on my next ride :)

Back