• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mirrors - any alternatives?

OK Ok, man worse than my daughters........:cool:

I haven't been able to ride a whole lot since getting them beside my long 3 miles to work. Also still have knobby tires that I put on at the same time as the DoubleTake mirrors which add vibration to the bike.

The mirrors are smaller but slightly convex which I'd say gives about the same or maybe slightly larger viewing area but that does mean distortion.

With 2 ball joints they are incredibly adjustable. You can get longer extension arms make them higher or move them further out. I went with 2 inch arms. This also means I'm constantly fiddling with them trying out new positions.

They vibrate on the interstate but I haven't switched back to the stock mirrors to see if it is the mirror or the knobbies.

The ball on the mirror is smooth plastic so I can adjust and fold them in without loosening anything. That also means they are easily moved by bumping them and on rough surfaces they fall down. Also can't hang my helmet on them.

Not sure yet if I would replace the stock mirrors with them if I wasn't going off road.

Luckybike.com has mirror risers and yes, the Honda uses 10 mm, both right handed threads.

I checked out the Riderscan site and liked the product. But it would cost me over $110.00 to install on my bike. I'd have to purchase the handlebar mounting kit for £16.99 and then shipping is £15.00. Kind of expensive just to try a product without ever physically seeing, touching, or actually using it!
I hope you'll tell us how wonderful this product is after you receive yours, mount it and actually try it out in traffic.
Keep us informed.

Back