• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Many Low Mileage NC700Xs up for sale??

barrett50

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I first joined this site many new 700Xs were for sale by dealers at discounted prices. Now there are quite a few low mileage 700Xs for sale by dealers and individuals. It seems like too many are for sale by owners for the short time the 700 has been out. I test rode one 8-9 months ago and it was enjoyable EXCEPT for the SEAT. The seat was a real pain in the posterior, more so than any bike I've ever ridden(test ride 15 minutes). I know there are aftermarket seats that are better than stock and have been commented on in this forum. Are the seats responsible for many of the trade-ins or could it be the short shifting? I'm still considering the 700X and waiting to look at the CB500X also. Any insights would be appreciated.

The majority of new motorcycle buyers are first time buyers. Many find out quick that motorcycles is not for them. So always great used deals. There a very few motorcycles out there that come with a good seat. First accessory should always be a good seat. This is a good motorcycle that can be configured to do a lot of different purposes. That's what makes it good. A good build it like you want it bike.

Out here in the San Francisco bay area, haven't seen any used Honda nc700's up for sale. The dealers don't have many new ones in stock. Noticed the dealers carry more Manuel than dct. I rather buy a used one, but I prefer red and that's a 2013 color.

Ken

How many is too many? In the Midwest there are few if any used NC.......if you can believe cycle trader there are 3 Used NC within 400 miles of Chicago.

As for reasons to trade or sell there 100's.........top six

Too small
Too big
Lost my job
Payments
Cycling turned out not to be my thing
My buddies bought Harley's

Seat fix for $0 to $250 depending no your butt.
RPM redline (short shifting what ever that is) has no merit as far as selling........as opposed to I bought the wrong bike.....

And don't forget reason for trade number 7:

My buddies bought race replicas, and since this bike won't rev to 14,000, they all make fun of me!!

Actually I don't care what people think about my nc700. What's important is that "I like it". I like these features "dct, mpg, color, up right seating position, frunk.
The bike fits my needs and that's important to me.

Ken

Back