• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Madstad problem

Dav2ison

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a new MadStad windscreen and can’t keep the adjuster knobs tight. After a short ride both loosen up. Do anyone else have the issue? What have you done about it?

I can’t look at mine right now but doesn’t the knob bolt have a wave washer or some sort of compression lock lock washer? I recall that it does. Maybe that part didn’t ship with yours or it’s on the wrong side of the brackets.

I can’t look at mine right now but doesn’t the knob bolt have a wave washer or some sort of compression lock lock washer? I recall that it does. Maybe that part didn’t ship with yours or it’s on the wrong side of the brackets.
Mine came with the knob kit without the spring washer. I’m agreeing with you that it should include a spring washer. My knob also was to include c-clips but they weren’t included. I went down to ACE hardware where they have about any type fastener and washers under the sun but you guessed it , no spring washers. When I find the ones I need on eBay or Amazon I’ll order them up. Not a great design as shipped

Mine came with the knob kit without the spring washer. I’m agreeing with you that it should include a spring washer. My knob also was to include c-clips but they weren’t included. I went down to ACE hardware where they have about any type fastener and washers under the sun but you guessed it , no spring washers. When I find the ones I need on eBay or Amazon I’ll order them up. Not a great design as shipped
I would contact Madstad for the correct ones. I think they would send them to you no charge.

I would contact Madstad for the correct ones. I think they would send them to you no charge.
I contacted Madstad. The response was the send either knob kit they have depending on what their supplier sends. They’re sending c-clips. I found sealing spring washers on Amazon that may work. I’ll update when I have them installed.

I contacted Madstad. The response was the send either knob kit they have depending on what their supplier sends. They’re sending c-clips. I found sealing spring washers on Amazon that may work. I’ll update when I have them installed.
Just received from MadStad a new knob kit that included the c-clips this time. I also installed two sealing washers to see if that helps keep the knob tight. My wife and I took an hour ride and it appears the washers helped. I haven't installed the c-clips as of yet because with the washers, there's not much room with the length of the thread to loosen the knobs if needed. I'm going to look at that again today, and see if the clips will allow enough loosening to adjust the windscreen.

Back