• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Madstad deflectors install

Now when I go to the Madstad NC700 page, the only option is the Sport SD. Just wondering if the funky shape of the adventure screen reduces the buffeting issues some of you guys are having?

It didn't for me, I swapped the Sport SD for the Adventure and didn't notice any improvement really. I like the look of it better though....

trey

It is 100 degrees outside. Right now I need more air on my body, not less. Wind deflectors are for winter!

Stay at home with the AC!
I, personally, never rode passed 85. Have horrible tolerance to heat. My brains just melt :)

It is 100 degrees outside. Right now I need more air on my body, not less. Wind deflectors are for winter!

I second that. It was 112deg yesterday. What I love about the Madstad is it blocks the wind from my head but keeps it flowing on my chest. I switched back to the stock screen last week and forgot how noisy my helmet is when fully exposed and how I need to be prepared for neck strain when I turn my head to look over my shoulder at 70mph. Determined the stock screen didn't provide enough extra air to the chest area to make it worth the reduced wind protection at the helmet level and put my Madstad back on. Most likely will not order the extra deflectors even for winter use.

What did you have to order and what was the cost?

The upgraded parts aren't on their website, you have to call to order them....the List price for the updated Base, and Deflectors and assoc. hardware is $99, but Since I had bought the System from them they gave me a discount so I gave $69 for the parts.....

i just ordered my whole system, i also inquired about make the the front aluminum plate in acrylic to provide more view of the road. Mark at madstad explained that they have never made an attempt to do it. but could do a custom order for me and make it in acrylic. the additional cost is $100 buck. I did not do it this time, but i might order one after i recover from the initial cost. but i suggested to him to toy with the idea.

Last edited:
i just ordered my whole system, i also inquired about make the the front aluminum plate in acrylic to provide more view of the road. Mark at madstad explained that they have never made and attempt to do it. but could do a custom order for me and make it in acrylic. the additional cost is $100 buck. I did not do it this time, but i might order one after i recover from the initial cost. but i suggested to him to toy with the idea.

I'd definitely wait to see if you really think you are missing much of the view with the standard mounting plate. I like mine as it acts somewhat as a sunshade for the instrument panel and various other gadgets I have installed under it.

gadgets-small.jpg

Deflectors only fit one way. Check clearance between bottom of deflector and bodywork. I had to remove material from bottom of deflectors to keep from scratching the bodywork.

Deflectoe do not interfere with full turn of bars. No info re Storm hand guards - don't know what they are.

Deflectors only fit one way. Check clearance between bottom of deflector and bodywork. I had to remove material from bottom of deflectors to keep from scratching the bodywork.

I think the clearance issue was only a problem with those of us that received the initial orders with the new deflectors. I thought about filing off some material so they wouldn't drag on the bodywork, but decided they should fix the problem. I talked to Madstad and sent them pictures of the problem and they've since redesigned the mount plate and the deflectors to provide proper clearance.

I recieved mine today, and the defectors still contact the body, so I will have to modify them some..so they haven't fixed it yet...

Yeah, mine are touching too. What did you guys use to take off those corners?

Wow, I'm surprised there's still an issue. After all the back and forth with Madstad (including them mailing me a modified set of deflectors, me sending them pictures of the interference and them finally sending me a new mount plate with deflectors) I would have thought the problem was fixed. I'm in the middle of rebuilding my deck on the house, so I haven't had time to mount the modified mount plate and I can't even confirm that my set works correctly.

Wow, I'm surprised there's still an issue. After all the back and forth with Madstad (including them mailing me a modified set of deflectors, me sending them pictures of the interference and them finally sending me a new mount plate with deflectors) I would have thought the problem was fixed. I'm in the middle of rebuilding my deck on the house, so I haven't had time to mount the modified mount plate and I can't even confirm that my set works correctly.

Please, let us know...

I just installed my Madstad, and the deflectors last night. The deflectors are still making contact- did they design them to be like this? I just jammed a rubber vacuum line plug on each side between the deflector and the body just above the turn signal. It pushes the whole thing out slightly and gives me about 3/16" clearance on the bottom. Will trim them if the plugs come out, but it seems like they have a pretty good friction fit for now and aren't noticeable.

A pic of my deflectors after I "Reshaped" the bottom edge to keep it from contact to the bodyIMG_1027.jpg
Turn signal blocking the modded bottom edge...will try to get another pic that actually shows it when I can

Back