• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lowering pegs measurements

bamamate

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I now have 2 different aftermarket lowering foot pegs so I thought I’d give some measurements on them as compared to stock. To measure I put the bike on the center stand and them measured from the ground. Since that wouldn't mean anything I listed all measurements in relationship to the top surface of the stock pegs. I didn’t get all precise in measuring so I’ll say a 2-3mm tolerance. The stock pegs have a little flip up on the end which is not included in the measurements.

On the stock peg the scraper nub thingy is 1 5/8” (4.5cm) lower that the top foot surface.

SW-Motech on-road/off-road pegs configured as low as they will go. The rubber, on-road, inserts only add a couple of mm so I only measured with them on. Top surface is ¾” lower. The bottom of the peg is 1.5” (4.5cm) lower so the same clearance as the stock pegs for cornering.
Link to the SW-Motech pegs on Twisted Throttle: SW-MOTECH On-Road/Off-Road Footpegs (Honda NC700X, NC700S & NT700V) - TwistedThrottle.com

MFW Vario with 30mm drop and Super Grip pegs configured as low as they go. Top surface is 1.5” (4cm) lower. Bottom of the peg is 2 ¾” (6.5cm) lower. So that loses around ¾” (2cm) of clearance as compared to stock. I’ve lightly dragged these pegs and have about ½” of chicken strip.
Link to the MFW Vario on Twisted Throttle: MFW Vario Footpeg Mount, Rider (most Honda models) - TwistedThrottle.com

What I'm ultimately looking for is the drop of the MFW and pegs like the SW-Motech.

If anyone has other pegs please add the measurements.

I just got a used 700X and am interested in a little more leg room. I have a 34" inseam and old bones and muscles.
How do you like them?

I like the Vario's a lot. Drop the knees down about an inch. I really missed the drop moving from the Vario to the SW-Motech. If I'm not going to be off-road for a while I swap back to the Vario. I do have to adjust the controls swapping back and forth.

You may want to also try the seat slope mod. Thread on that in the mod section. In addition I used an exercise mat to add a 1/4" layer to the seat. There is enough vinyl to handle it. I cut out a relief channel down the middle of the foam. A couple of guys have had custom seats made that are an inch higher and gets rid of the slope. Doing my above mods has allowed me to put a custom seat at a low priority.

Next you may want to get handle bar risers. Rox Risers are a popular choice. They helped a lot with riding comfort. I would put this high on the list.

Thanks for the quick response.
The bike has a custom seat and it might be lower than the stock.
I will check out the Vario,s and Rox Risers. he idea of padding the seat is also interesting.

Back