• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Low volume of 2016 nc700x in dealerships?

Tazz34

Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering why there are not many Honda Dealerships stocking the 2016 Nc700x? Are they only ordering them as the customer buys them?

Long gone are the days, when dealers had an example of each model. If there is little interest in a model, such as the NC700X, dealers won't order one until a customer shows real interest.

Was at a Honda Dealership yesterday in Southern CA. They had a sea of Bikes in the giant warehouse room. Only one NC700. Go figure. :/

Was at a Honda Dealership yesterday in Southern CA. They had a sea of Bikes in the giant warehouse room. Only one NC700. Go figure. :/

Bikes are a luxury item in the US. Most buyers are looking for something more blingy/exciting/fast/mass-envyed than the NC700x. So I'm not surprised that there aren't many in the show rooms.

I've always been drawn to these non-mainstream bikes, like the Honda Pacific Coast, Honda CBR250, Honda NC700x, Kawasaki Versys.

In my local Dealer Roseville Honda Motorsports, they have 3 or 4 of the NC700 all the time, only have maybe 60 or 70 bikes total so a good %

But i wonder does the Japan factory Incident affecting the availability of the Africa Twin have an impact , no idea, just wondering if its related

They will probably try to source one from another dealership if they don't have one in stock. My dealer is a high volume dealer and usually has 1 or 2 NCs. They didn't have a 2016 when I went by yesterday but they did have a 2015 and an NM4.

Yea, I think it really depends on previous sales. If they have sold good in that area your likely to see more NC at the dealer. My local dealer only has two NCs. Both of them are manuals. They are both 2014 models and one is selling for $5300 and the other for $5000. They do not have any 2015s or 2016s. They are not a big seller here but GWs are. Take a guess what the stock? LOL!

Bikes on the showroom floor do not belong to the dealership - they either belong to the manufacturer through their flooring plan or to a bank. Manufacturers usually offer 30-days of free flooring before the interest payments start but I doubt if any bank does that. Stocking unpopular models usually means they'll collect dust while the flooring charges continue to bleed the bottom line.

Yea, I think it really depends on previous sales. If they have sold good in that area your likely to see more NC at the dealer. My local dealer only has two NCs. Both of them are manuals. They are both 2014 models and one is selling for $5300 and the other for $5000. They do not have any 2015s or 2016s. They are not a big seller here but GWs are. Take a guess what the stock? LOL!

Dang, $5k is a deal. I agree that it depends on the area you live. When I lived in Minnesota the local dealer had all kinds of NC's and cb500x's. On the flip side they had no CBR RR models whatsoever. I told one of the dealers that I was hoping to see some race bikes and he gave me some smartazz comment about people just wanting to look and test ride them, but not buy them. Horrible attitude in my opinion. Now I live in Ohio and went to the local dealer and they don't have any NC's, but rows and rows of other bikes (including CBR RR's).

Bikes are not like pizza where you can place an order and have one delivered in a short time. Dealers typically decide what to stock based on past sales and put their orders in when they are working with the Manufacturer for the next model year. Unless a dealer owner is loaded they are sitting on the floor via a flooring plan. This is really just a loan to the dealer for the bike. They will not just order bikes randomly and are usually kicking themselves when they end up with old stock. Conversely, the manufacturer isn't going to make a bunch of extras and keep them in a warehouse for future shipment. Production runs are scheduled and executed and then they are done because they usually have to retool their factories for the next bike or next model year. Sometimes, a manufacturer will give them an incentive to move an older bike, but this is more popular with Cars, not bikes. Instead of placing an order you may be better off searching for one that is already at a dealer somewhere. Dealers can also do trades where they move the bike to another dealer for a small markup. Placing an order with the manufacturer will surely take a very long time if it is even an option.

To answer the OP's question... because it's a slow seller in the US.

My brother wanted to check out the NC700x since I have one.
His local dealer still had a 2013 model on the floor.
No sooner than my brother expressed interest that another dealer needed one for a customer and they traded it.
They gave him a call and said they had their other one put together fresh out of the crate.
So they have had two of them sitting for at least 3 years.

Face it, people in the US don't seem to understand this bike.
They want a speed demon, a more hard core adventure bike, or a cruiser.

[..Do you know if you can even order one or how long it takes to get it?..]

Several factors at play here. My first guess is that your dealer will try to arrange a trade with a dealer who has the desired bike. If it has to be ordered from Honda, it usually takes 3-7 days, plus uncrating/set-up at your dealer. Honda has regional unit warehouses where crated bikes are stored until ordered by a dealer and your locale can effect that 3-7 day wait. Not all warehouses have all models/colors so there could be additional warehouse-to-warehouse shipping time required.

I live in western OH and the nearest warehouse is in a 'burb southeast of Chicago, only 3-days away - if they have the bike.

Last edited:
It is a shame the NC700X is not selling well , it is so under rated that the resale is in the dumpper and I dont expect Honda to ship them to the US much longer. Now in England and Ireland it is one very hot seller.

Dealers are independent businesses.......they choose what products to carry. I was in a Honda dealer on Monday, they had 10 motorcycles on the floor and over 500 UTVs and ATVs in stock on the floor and ready to drive away.

It is a shame the NC700X is not selling well , it is so under rated that the resale is in the dumpper and I dont expect Honda to ship them to the US much longer. Now in England and Ireland it is one very hot seller.

If resale is in the dumper, it's a great time to buy used.

Honda can stop selling them today if they want. I have mine.

Last edited:
It's quite possible Honda didn't switch to the 750 motor in the US just so it would be easier for dealers to clear out old inventory.
You can get a new one if you really want to, but you can pick up older 700s under $6000.

If the price of fuel jumps, demand will probably rise accordingly.

Sumter SC dealer still has 3 NC700X bikes in stock all are 2014 modles
,all at big discounts. Frankly I did not think 2017 would see them back in the USA.

Back