• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking for seat guru.

ricksride

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Washington State, in-between Seattle and Tacoma.
With that said, does anyone know of someone able to: take my seat apart, shave off some foam and insert a gel pad?
I used to have that done by Rich's Custom Seats but they moved and is too hard to get to with my work schedule.

Any upholstery shop should be able to install a Gel pad. Just a matter of removing the staples under the seat, putting in the pad, then reinstall the staples. You can do it yourself with an electric knife to cut the foam and a good staple gun.

Spencers Motorcycle Seat Mods

Page 1

Frank, whose nickname is Spencer, has done the seats on two of my old bikes. A 2009 G650GS and a 2003 Honda Silver Wing. The seat on the big scooter would turn my toes numb inside of 20 minutes. As it turned out, the year after the seat was done I did a Saddle Sore 1000 on the bike. At the end of the ride the only part of me that didn't ache was my butt. I just had him do the seat on the NC but it will have to wait until I start riding again when it gets warm out.

I suggest you check with Rocky in Parkland, right in your backyard almost. You can get contact information from Dale at South Bound Honda. Rocky made an amazing seat for him. You could have him make a new seat, or, I'm sure he could modify yours. I won't bore you with my tale of sorrows over my NC seat. If I lived anywhere close to Parkland I would've been to Rocky's in a heartbeat.

I suggest getting a Seat's Concept seat and modify the foam to suit yourself. It is much wider than stock but I found it slightly high in the center. I first looked at a Rick Mayer seat (good seat but customer service is terrible...kept my seat pan for two months) and started carving the seat to match my bottom. I used a wire brush on the end of a drill and proceeded very slowly to brush away the foam in in the pressured areas . I would put the seat foam on the bike, sit on it and notice where the pressure points were located. Then I would remove foam slowly until the weight of my bottom was evenly distributed on the seat. I now have a seat that is at least as good as the three professionally modified seats that I have bought for various bikes all of which were over
$450. The Seat Concepts kit was approx. $160. They suggested a pneumatic stapler but I preferred a hand stapler over the pneumatic.

Back