• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking at Changing Seats

I have the same issues as most of you have.

Just cannot go over 50 miles without the backside screaming at me.

I am looking at the various seat pads such as AirHawk, Skwoosh, Pro Pad, and Saddleman.

This way I can use them on the various bikes I own.

I can also remove it if I get rid of a bike.

The prices of some of them are the same as a new seat!

Some thoughts ...

God bless!!

Michael

Kebrider, lots of good roads in this area. Jones Cove, Top of the Mountain, Bluff Mtn., back roads over to 321 at Walland, etc. The NC has been over many of these especially if gravel is involved. My Valkyrie is preferred for long all day riding since it's much more comfortable. Between Seymour and Maryville are some wicked back roads, narrow, no shoulder, wash from drives, no center lane striping, etc.

So I just I just arrived at my 600 mile service on my new 2013 DC. Ran over to my daughters in Nashville on Fri. and back in the rain yesterday afternoon about 400 MI round trip. The seat is torture for those of us with scant padding on our butts, and the need for a windshield is very apparent. Just ordered the Madstad 20 light grey, and a Sargent saddle because I think the Russel DL will be too high for comfortable stopping for me as it adds about an inch plus width,( I'm 5' 10" with short legs). I love the RDL... had one on my 650 V-strom... but afraid too tippy toe on the NC700x.

This bike is awesome. took back roads to Nashville and it handles so well in the twisties. Just love the low down torque of the engine pulling up through the mountains on either back roads or on the insterstate. I really don't notice the 16 HP differential from the V-Strom at all. It ran absolutely smooth at 75 on the interstate with no vibration at all. I am also sold on the DC automatic. Stuck in traffic on I24 yesterday it made it so much nicer than clutching in and out for an hour of stop and go. In the twisties of the mountains on the run over it was amazing how intuitive the automatic is as it feels the need to downshift for engine braking when entering a corner or downshifting for powering up a rise when in the "sport" mode. Very impressive load management & shifting is very smooth..

I just hope the Sargent with a sheepskin will solve the seat issue. If not..will return within 30 days and figure the next move. Also going to do the Race Tech Emulators. With the saddle, windshield, and emulators it will be a fabulous touring bike for long distance. Its nice to buy a product that over delivers on expectations.

Back