• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Longer kickstand

glesage

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

Any ideas where I might find a slightly longer kickstand for the NC? I'm raising it by 1.5" and am going to need something a little longer...

Thanks!

I was thinking about that but I don't think it would be enough... with an extra 1.5" off the ground, the current kick stand would barely touch the ground below the bike hah, bike would be leaned way over and the stand would be pointing straight down...

An old trick is to simply get a hockey puck at a sporting goods store, trace the outline of your kickstand foot onto it, cut out the shape and then just drill two bolt holes through the existing kickstand and through the puck. You can then counter-sink the bolt heads into the bottome of the puck and run the nuts onto the kickstand foot.

You can even buy black anodized hardware to match the color.

I believe Twisted Throttle sells an "adjustable" sidestand but its main virtue allows it to be made shorter, and probably not longer.

An old trick is to simply get a hockey puck

Hm nice, hadn't thought of just sticking something at the end hah... I'll probably start with that and see if it works out. Otherwise I might just cut it and extend it with some aluminium or metal tube.

THanks!

Hm nice, hadn't thought of just sticking something at the end hah... I'll probably start with that and see if it works out. Otherwise I might just cut it and extend it with some aluminium or metal tube.

THanks!

No problem. If you go that route..... take a rasp or large-tooth file and scuff up the bottom of the puck after you counter-sink the bolt heads. this will give you even better traction on the 'ground' side of the puck.

Can you elaborate on the details of the height increase?

Sure! Front fork 1" extension, front tire with an additional 1.8" in diameter, and rear shock rear travel increase by 1.9"... so essentially 1.9" ground clearance increase.. I may tweak this a bit when it actually happens and decrease it, since I think the front tire will fit ok (with the engine guard/radiator) even with a bit less of a fork length increase.. but that's essentially it :)

take a rasp or large-tooth file and scuff up the bottom of the puck after you counter-sink the bolt heads.

yea makes sense thks!

Last edited:
Since it is a round rod, I would contact my friendly welder, let him cut the existing kickstand, add the same dia. rod at the length you need, grind the weld down and paint it. Maybe $10 to $20 dollars and quick.

How did you extend the rear travel? Did you find a longer shock or did you perhaps use a shorter rear supension link to raise the rear? I have debated on going with the shorter links to raise the rear end along with 2" fork extenders to raise the front. Any thoughts/opinions on that?

How did you extend the rear travel?

Yes I went for a longer shock, however due to the diameter of the spring I was not able to get the full 1.8" raise I wanted. It can only go as far as about 1.2" or something like that.. tough to measure. I would say that a shock meant for an extra inch AND a shorter shock link would be ideal

AND a shorter shock link would be ideal
Be careful with your selection of the shorter links to raise the frame from the ground. On a previous NCX of mine, it had cast aluminum links that failed after hitting a hard bump.

OEM steel links.
image.jpg

Failed cast aluminum links, both sides failed.
image.jpg

I bought this style, but haven't installed them yet, more robust and adjustable.
image.jpg

Ray

How did you extend the rear travel? Did you find a longer shock or did you perhaps use a shorter rear supension link to raise the rear? I have debated on going with the shorter links to raise the rear end along with 2" fork extenders to raise the front. Any thoughts/opinions on that?

If you do go that high with the forks, don't forget about the front brake line possibly needing a longer replacement, or replacement section...:D

Nice adjustable link, where can one source it?

There are a few different brands out there, like Soupy's and Kuba, but take note that all the ones I have seen are for lowering a bike, not raising one. With the NC700 style linkage geometry, longer links = a drop in height, whereas shorter links = a taller height.

These adjustable ones thread out, making them longer, not shorter.

None of you would assume putting 2" fork extensions, 40 mm raise tail riser link, and a Touratech progressive suspension kit on would void my warranty? I don't believe it should because it's not like I'm drilling, sawing, or tearing anything off, just a few minor "performance" accessories is how I view it.

Back