• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Local Honda has a Red one and a 2012 Silver one

W

westgl

I am trying to decide what flavor to go with,

Honda said $6800 + $220 DMV fee, for the Silver 2012, I did not ask about the Red one.

decisions, decisions.

Any rate i will test ride the silver one today, they are getting it ready as it had 0 miles on it, it was dry, & had not been fired yet.

They said i can only take it on a 5 mile test ride loop, no 100 mile trips to the coast.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're serious about buying then take it as far as you want. Not like they are going to be riding with you! Truth be told I bought my bike through ebay from a dealer in Arkansas, and after driving seven hours to get there, I took it for a ten mile ride and honestly, I've ridden cruisers for the last twelve years and the NC felt like a scooter. Had I not bought it already, I might have passed. Thank goodness I didn't since I absolutely enjoy riding the bike now that I have gotten used to it. Didn't take long either, the third ride was over a hundred miles. That being said, take the color bike you want to buy for the test ride.
I wanted the red but gave up several months ago and bought the silver. At that time there was no word from Honda on bringing red to the states, so it was silver or nothing. RED!
Oh, and for bargaining, I got the 2012 silver new with saddlebags, centerstand, both deflectors, both stainless accents, touring windshield, and light bar for $7999 out the door...

I am trying to decide what flavor to go with,

Honda said $6800 + $220 DMV fee, for the Silver 2012, I did not ask about the Red one.

Now that 2013s are coming in stock, they ought to be pretty motivated to get that 2012 out the door. Think of $6800 + $220 as merely an opening offer and go from there.

It won't be long when you can change colors by buying new plastics. Buy the color you like the first time. If Real Tree Camo was out, I would have went that way.

It won't be long when you can change colors by buying new plastics. Buy the color you like the first time. If Real Tree Camo was out, I would have went that way.

You would become invisible for drivers... Even for deer... Is that a good thing? ;)

You would become invisible for drivers... Even for deer... Is that a good thing? ;)
For me it is. When I'm through with my mods, Camo won't matter. I'll hit the other drivers with 10,000,000 lumens and burn their retinas out. I try to ride like I'm invisible anyway.

I just got my new 2012 Silver for $6000 out the door (not including taxes). Don't pay $7000...they want to see it go as the 13s are coming in and Honda will give at least $500 to help the dealer out (as I had to sign an official Honda factory slip after I made the deal).

Look at the bikes on CycleTrader...all kinds of dealers around the country are selling sub 6k new 2012 NCs. Don't know what their dealer fees are, but maybe it would motivate your dealer to sweeten the deal.

Last edited:
Well in Oregon there are no sales tax so it's price of bike/vehicle + $235.00 DMV fee. my out the door price is really OTD. I am paying cash for mine as i dont want payments

I just came back from a test ride on the Silver one they made me sign a 5 mile paper but i think I went about 25 miles or more.

You Guys are right!!

Because i have to say, they are a much better riding bike than i thought they would be.

They do everything really well but nothing great.

Very enjoyable ride

First few things planed on my to do list are:
1. Front fender extension to protect the radiator and keep the bike cleaner
2. Rear fender, inner fender to keep bike cleaner
3. Taller shield, but stock shorty not bad at all
4. power port w/switched power
5. second Led Tail light that flashes like a Wigwag flasher
6. At least one maybe go with two 130db stibel Horn(s) High/low tone w/switched power
7. Switched power to headlight one relay to Low beam and one relay to the High beam
8. May go with a HID head light have to see if it needed, or maybe just a modulator and stock head light as that would fix the missing flash to pass switch during the day
9. Lots o Miles

Last edited by a moderator:
the NC700X reminds me of a 1971 Honda SL250 I had, I had just turned 14, my dad bought it for me and I traded first bike it was a red Honda SL100.

I was pulled over by the cops on my first bike, first time being pulled over on that Ct70.

The 1971 CL250 that I had we rode every where together, i was only 14 at the time but we went a couple hundred miles a day on our bikes when we had the time.

Now that 2013s are coming in stock, they ought to be pretty motivated to get that 2012 out the door. Think of $6800 + $220 as merely an opening offer and go from there.

Up here in the Great WHITE NORTH (yes it snowed AGAIN today) Honda came out with a $1000 rebate on the 2012 on the 1st of April.

Back