• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Leo Vince Slip-on Questions

AnacortesArmyGuy

Reaction score
Visit site
I have two questions concerning the Leo Vince slip-on that I couldn't find definitive answers to in a forum search. First, is there any affect, either negatively or positively, on the bike's great gas mileage? And lastly, from the various pictures I've seen posted of it installed, it appears to have a slightly more upward slant when mounted versus the stock muffler, causing me to wonder if there would potentially be a clearance issue with Honda's hard saddle bags. Any thoughts from fellow forum members who have installed this slip-on would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

It appears I never took a picture of the exhaust side my bike with the Givi V35 side cases but they cleared my Leo Vince SBK and they now clear the Touratech Zega pro2 very large side cases that the new owner has on the bike. I don't know about the performance as the bike came with the Leo Vince on it and I never had the OEM muffler to compare. I do love the sound of the Leo, with its low rumble. I added the silencer insert when I put the Madstad windshield on because the exhaust noise reflecting off the windshield was annoying. The silencer reduced the sound just enough and kept the sweet low tone.

Charles

Thanks for your response. I noticed on your reply a Fuelly icon with a 55.2 mpg listed. Is that your average with the Leo Vince installed? If so, that seems a tad low as I average around 70 mpg, and I'm reluctant to risk a significant reduction in mpg for a better sounding exhaust. Having said that, I know there are numerous factors that affect gas mileage, and I too had mpg numbers in the mid-50s during my ride to and from Sturgis this last summer, but that was when I was fully loaded and traveling at speeds in excess of 75 mph in southeastern Wyoming with a headwind.

I have the Yoshi R-77 on mine, got 86.2 mpg on 110 mile leg through the Sierras.
My best ever, was an 84.6 with the stock also in the mountains averaging around 45 - 50 mph.
Drops into the 60s if I spend much time running 70 - 75 - 80 mph on the freeways.
I can't see that muffler being much different.

It appears I never took a picture of the exhaust side my bike with the Givi V35 side cases but they cleared my Leo Vince SBK and they now clear the Touratech Zega pro2 very large side cases that the new owner has on the bike. I don't know about the performance as the bike came with the Leo Vince on it and I never had the OEM muffler to compare. I do love the sound of the Leo, with its low rumble. I added the silencer insert when I put the Madstad windshield on because the exhaust noise reflecting off the windshield was annoying. The silencer reduced the sound just enough and kept the sweet low tone.

Charles

As the new owner, ditto to what Charles said, especially the rumble sound with the muffled gargling when you back off the throttle, it is so soothing to hear over the OEM on my manual. With my big Touratechs, 17.4 x 11.1 x 15.5 inches, clearance isn't a problem at all. Notice the LeoV's stay close to the bike. I'll let others speak about mileage pros & cons of any aftermarket exhaust, but loaded on the freeway at 63 mph I got 60 mpg with a DCT with a wide profile.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ray

Last edited:
I have both the Leo Vince muffler and front head pipe which is a complete exhaust system. I can tell you my mileage actually increased about 3 mpg and that's being conservative. Really surprised me to be honest. I doubt just the muffler alone would make any difference at all since the head pipe is what's restrictive. I don't have any luggage so I can't comment on fitment.

Thanks for your response. I noticed on your reply a Fuelly icon with a 55.2 mpg listed. Is that your average with the Leo Vince installed? If so, that seems a tad low as I average around 70 mpg, and I'm reluctant to risk a significant reduction in mpg for a better sounding exhaust. Having said that, I know there are numerous factors that affect gas mileage, and I too had mpg numbers in the mid-50s during my ride to and from Sturgis this last summer, but that was when I was fully loaded and traveling at speeds in excess of 75 mph in southeastern Wyoming with a headwind.

Most of my riding was in stop & go and slow & go driving to and from work on the freeway, which may explain my mileage. Others that commute in traffic may be able to add their experience.

Charles

I have two questions concerning the Leo Vince slip-on that I couldn't find definitive answers to in a forum search. First, is there any affect, either negatively or positively, on the bike's great gas mileage? And lastly, from the various pictures I've seen posted of it installed, it appears to have a slightly more upward slant when mounted versus the stock muffler, causing me to wonder if there would potentially be a clearance issue with Honda's hard saddle bags. Any thoughts from fellow forum members who have installed this slip-on would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

1) No slip-on I've used, including Leo (I have Yoshimura now) has affected gas mileage. I maintain 65mpg when traveling at 65-70mph commuting (100 miles freeway). I get lower than that if I'm maintaining 75-80mph. That has been the same since stock, Leo, or Yoshimura.

2) The Yoshimura sat nearly the same as the Leo, and yes, it has slightly melted the bottom of the right side OEM Honda saddle bag. Kind of sucks, but doesn't continue "melting" and burn a hole or anything, it just melted a little bit of the exposed part of the bottom of the bag and that was that.

I have no issues with clearance on my with the Givi 22L cases and the mileage is unchanged. I average 60 mpg in the city and I ride a little more aggressive on the throttle then most........You can see pics of mine in the for sale section if you like to show you clearance with case on it.

2) The Yoshimura sat nearly the same as the Leo, and yes, it has slightly melted the bottom of the right side OEM Honda saddle bag. Kind of sucks, but doesn't continue "melting" and burn a hole or anything, it just melted a little bit of the exposed part of the bottom of the bag and that was that.

What's up with that? I'm running the Yoshi with the Honda bags and no problems with melting.

What's up with that? I'm running the Yoshi with the Honda bags and no problems with melting.

No idea man! It's just super close to the very back bottom edge of the bag. I tried adjusting it downward a little bit the header pipe won't budge and thus, the slip-on remains at the angle its at.

Back