• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Led headlights on the newer NC750X's

Vinny

Reaction score
Visit site
Just putting the question out there because I don't have a manual yet...

Can anyone tell me which color wire on the headlight connector powers up the high beam? I can and most likely will in another day or two find it on my own with my dvm... but though I would ask someone else who's BTDT.
I'm in the midst of installing several farkles and want to slave my driving lights to the high beam for night time operation.

Thanks!

Just about to make this connection. All the wires are run, most of the connectors made up... after going to see about my ailing mother in law, I will return to ferret out this portion of the circuit. A wiring diagram I view the other day indicated a blue wire for the high beam on the 2019 (USA) model. When I discover which it is on my bike, I'll get back to you. Thanks, MCGyver for your response.

OK, here's the scoop on the 2019 NC750X. This year model has LED headlights and for the life of me, I haven't been able to get a hold of a service manual for the 2019 model year.... still trying. Anyhow, after carefully prodding around on the wiring connector to the back of the head light assembly, I discovered there are five wires in that 8 pin connector. The blue was not the wire I was looking for. The connector has a green wire with a tracer ( don't remember what color the tracer was) doesn't matter because it's the only wire with green on it.. The green wire is ground. There is a brown wire with a black tracer which is power for the high beam and when I checked it with my Fluke meter, it displayed slightly over 10 volts. It was not enough to trigger the relay I have wired to my aux lights. To solve the issue, I installed a micro 5V relay. The bright light voltage is enough to trigger the little relay and feed a 12v trigger to the lighting relay. Problem solved. The NC with LED lights has 5V present in several connectors... there is a spare connector near the nose that also has 5V, 12V, and ground. I'm guessing it for the installation of lights... it is on when the bike is on... so I just left it to it's own and wired the circuit the way I needed it.

So the wiring project has come to a close for the time being. Installed were the following: Phone power, GPS, Duel dash cam, two USB ports in the trunk, Aux lighting switched two ways, a Stebel horn. The only electrical farkel in the future may be more lights on the rear of the side cases... if I think they are needed.

Now if the rain would just dry up for a few days, I would like to ride...

there is a spare connector near the nose that also has 5V, 12V, and ground. I'm guessing it for the installation of lights... it is on when the bike is on... so I just left it to it's own and wired the circuit the way I needed it.

That one is for the heated grips as far as I recall.

OK, here's the scoop on the 2019 NC750X. This year model has LED headlights and for the life of me, I haven't been able to get a hold of a service manual for the 2019 model year.... still trying. Anyhow, after carefully prodding around on the wiring connector to the back of the head light assembly, I discovered there are five wires in that 8 pin connector. The blue was not the wire I was looking for. The connector has a green wire with a tracer ( don't remember what color the tracer was) doesn't matter because it's the only wire with green on it.. The green wire is ground. There is a brown wire with a black tracer which is power for the high beam and when I checked it with my Fluke meter, it displayed slightly over 10 volts. It was not enough to trigger the relay I have wired to my aux lights. To solve the issue, I installed a micro 5V relay. The bright light voltage is enough to trigger the little relay and feed a 12v trigger to the lighting relay. Problem solved. The NC with LED lights has 5V present in several connectors... there is a spare connector near the nose that also has 5V, 12V, and ground. I'm guessing it for the installation of lights... it is on when the bike is on... so I just left it to it's own and wired the circuit the way I needed it.

So the wiring project has come to a close for the time being. Installed were the following: Phone power, GPS, Duel dash cam, two USB ports in the trunk, Aux lighting switched two ways, a Stebel horn. The only electrical farkel in the future may be more lights on the rear of the side cases... if I think they are needed.

Now if the rain would just dry up for a few days, I would like to ride...
Yes, go riding!

Back