• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kriega US-30 Drypack mounting help

dsloper

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi

Has anyone got any close-up photos of the mounting straps attached to the bike?

I have managed to mount the front two straps but am not sure if I have them in the best place, as there seems to be a bit of give.

As for the back, I cannot see where to mount the rear straps at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Darren

Hi Darren,
Did you ever get a reply? I'm also thinking of picking up some Kriega bags US50 or US70 for the 700x. I'd like to know how you fitted the them to the rear seat? Did you have any issues with the straps getting in the way of the support rod? Did you have to drill any holes? Photos would be great if you have any?

Tom

Hi Tom,

No never got a reply on this forum and still playing with best options. Did speak to a few people on another forum who do not attach the back straps (and some who do not attach the front either - they just put them under the sear as needed.

The best I have found so far is:

Front Straps attached to the bike on each side around the open triangle frame near the petrol tank - these two straps stay on the bike at all times.

Rear straps : attach the left and right strap together to form one long strap with the loops at each end. Then leave in the frunk. When I want to use the bags, take the double strap out of the funk, open the rear seat and feed the strap through/behind the hinge so that it cannot come loose. When the seat is closed the plastic buckles can be seen to the left and right of the seat right near the back, and the loops just sticking out.

I will take pictures tomorrow and post them for you to make it clearer. But so far have not been able to find a place to mount the rear straps to the bike on a permanent basis.

One thing I will add though, is the bags are great. I had a US-30 and have purchased a US-20 as well. The US-20 I keep in the frunk instead on a rucksack, so if I ever need more space (shopping etc), I can just strap the 20 to the seat and still have the frunk space.

Darren

Can't you do front straps to the slots in the passenger pegs and rear straps under the rear, going through the grab handles so they stay put?

Hi Dominus.

The pack isn't designed to fit like that - the straps we are talking about are only about 2 inches in length and simulate the luggage hoops some bikes have under the seat. Fitting it like a normal tailpack ends up unsecure.

Also, the loops/straps are designed to stay on the bike, so if you had them on the footpeg, they would be flapping about when not fitted to the bag.

I will be uploading some pics in a bit to show how I have it fitted.

Hi Tom.

Pics as promised - took it out like this for a good run today and it was very stable.

Front Straps:
2013-05-06 12.10.34.jpg

Looped round the frame towards the front
2013-05-06 12.10.50.jpg

Other front side
2013-05-06 12.11.14.jpg

Rear strap - not attached but pinched when seat closed
2013-05-06 12.12.33.jpg

Straps with seat closed
2013-05-06 12.12.57.jpg

Side view of bag fitted (this is the US-20) - note that to refuel, you can unhook the front clips and the bag stays balanced on the seat quite nicely.
2013-05-06 12.17.47.jpg

Top view of bag attached
2013-05-06 12.18.11.jpg

any questions, please ask

thanks

Darren

Hi Darren

That's excellent. Fitting seems straight forward. Thanks for posting the photos. It helps a lot. Its the rear one I was really interested in. Good the hear it stays pinched once th

Tom

Thanks, bought Kriega US20 and using your pictures fitted it. Very simple a great bit of kit would recommend to anyone.
Thanks again.

Back