• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

It's probably time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

StratTuner

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2012 NC700x, manual transmission, 12,000 miles with all services done on time.
PR2 tires. Various small farkles.

When I take it to the local dealer.... What should I ask for it? What's a fair price?

It's time to sell.
I realize now this is a hobby beyond what I can afford.

Are you trading it in for something else or just want to get rid of it? I'd do a search on KBB to start with and then search on autotrader and craigslist for going price. I use zoomthelist.com to search all local craigslists.

I have a 2012 NC700x, manual transmission, 12,000 miles with all services done on time.

When I take it to the local dealer.... What should I ask for it? What's a fair price?

It's time to sell.

Thats a bummer. I learned a lot from you. BTW the suit works great :)

I saw a 2012 manual for sale with a few extras. Owner said $1000 worth with GIVI trunk. It had 7500 miles and he wanted $5500. The picture posted made the bike look in real good condition. The only thing about going through a dealer is they are worried about profit on the back side. Unless your trading for another bike. If that's the case it is just easier to do everything at the dealer.

I saw a 2012 manual for sale with a few extras. Owner said $1000 worth with GIVI trunk. It had 7500 miles and he wanted $5500. The picture posted made the bike look in real good condition. The only thing about going through a dealer is they are worried about profit on the back side. Unless your trading for another bike. If that's the case it is just easier to do everything at the dealer.

Thanks. I was thinking $6K, but 5K is probably more reasonable.

Are you trading it in for something else or just want to get rid of it? I'd do a search on KBB to start with and then search on autotrader and craigslist for going price. I use zoomthelist.com to search all local craigslists.

Not trading it in. Just giving it up. What is KBB?

12k Is a large amount of miles on a bike. Maybe not to this crowd with this bike, but the average buyer is going to think so. If they have a choice for just 1k more and brand new with no miles they will most likely go the new route. The interest level has also dipped pretty low on this bike at this point. Just points to consider.

It's time to sell.

So FAST? You just recently started, but you have way more mileage than I do.
If you want an expensive hobby try boating. Now that takes alot of money.

Ken

well, don't forget the insurance.
GAS and insurance thats all thats needed unless you store the motorcycle else where?

It doesn't take much gas. In fact, I am thrilled about how much I spend on gas compared to BOAT GAS.

Ken

Sorry you feel the need to sell your NC. You've been a good contributor to the Forum.

When I die please do not pry my hands lose from the handlebars, just bury me that way - bike and all. Don't worry, I will be just about out of gas anyway.

Man I hate to see you give up your NCX.... you've been a great asset to the forum too... I wish there was some way you could hang on to her.

Maybe something will come up...

As far as the milage goes, it will depend on who the potential buyer is. If they are someone who has ridden allot, they will think 12k is just broken in. This bike appeals to such a broad range of people you could have any type of buyer. The newer to riding type might think 12k is allot, or strictly commuter types. But anyone who knows very much about bikes will know this bike will do over 100k easy.... and it probably has the potential to do double that if it is maintained well.

I hope you stick around even if you do sell Strat... people like you are what make forums like this work.

I paid $5500 for my 2012 manual from a dealer with 535 miles with some add on stuff. Pipe, tall windscreen, folding levers, foam grips, etc...
I *might* have gotten him down another $100 but I don't think he would have budged much more.

12k Is a large amount of miles on a bike. Maybe not to this crowd with this bike, but the average buyer is going to think so. If they have a choice for just 1k more and brand new with no miles they will most likely go the new route. The interest level has also dipped pretty low on this bike at this point. Just points to consider.

This is kind of where the market it. The interest in this bike has fallen off a lot in the US. When I first picked up mine about a year ago now, I would get stopped at every gas station asking questions about it, people would glare at it at stop lights. Now a year later nothing. The US reviews have labeled it super scooter for the most part, and that has turned off the US market. Now the CB500X with less out the door, same gas average etc. When you check in the used forum, lots of people looking to trade up and unload them. Factor in 750 rumor and used value has gone down. My viewpoint on the used market for this bike. One option is to call your insurance company, let them know you are parking it and not riding it. It will drop your cost to nothing to hold on to it for now, and wait for people who want the better mileage version down the road, or afford to ride it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back