• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is the Kickstand Lodge Rally gone forever?

I'll be at KSL Thursday evening, and plan to ride Friday and Saturday. I was hoping to bring Sherri, but she has to bring the dog, and I confirmed that KSL has not modified their dog policy. The Versys is in the shop, so I'll probably bring the Heritage with its brand new suspension. The Wing is a bit much for this ride.

I wish I could join you guys. Have a safe and enjoyable weekend!

I was up there riding VA, NC, TN last week and the temps were such a relief from Florida (95 today) - 66 degrees up on the Cherohala last Tuesday.

I may split the ride to Kickstand over two days to have time to enjoy backroads enroute. Tentantively, I may arrive at Kickstand mid-day Wednesday.

Having good times here at Kickstand! Five of us did a ride today on a variety of great roads in awesome weather conditions. Had lunch at Deals Gap, where upon we spotted a black 2014 NC700X DCT with “showkey” seat mod and a frunk key. Was anyone from the forum at Deals Gap today?

Other noteworthy events today: Tail of the Dragon fully opened today with fresh pavement and paint striping on the whole Tennessee side. My NC rolled past 70,000 miles on it’s odometer.

Having good times here at Kickstand! Five of us did a ride today on a variety of great roads in awesome weather conditions. Had lunch at Deals Gap, where upon we spotted a black 2014 NC700X DCT with “showkey” seat mod and a frunk key. Was anyone from the forum at Deals Gap today?

Other noteworthy events today: Tail of the Dragon fully opened today with fresh pavement and paint striping on the whole Tennessee side. My NC rolled past 70,000 miles on it’s odometer.
How about a group pic?

Had a great time seeing everybody and riding some new roads (thanks Greg!) and some familiar ones! Great weather until Sunday morning with some off and on rain on the way home (a total of 1430 miles). Looking forward to next year!

Last edited:
I left in the truck after the end of the ride on Saturday. I went home through Cleveland, TN this time. Next time I’ll just drive through the Dragon. I had a great time riding and visiting with the guys. See you next year!

IMG_1431.jpegIMG_1428.jpeg

Last edited:
I made it home from Kickstand after riding 12 hours. I got through the Dragon at first daylight, on dry roads, but then passed through rain for a couple hours. I rode more big, busy highways on Sunday than I wanted to, but that’s what it takes to get me home in one day. My 6 day trip total was just short of 2000 miles.

The riding in the Smokies area was excellent, with good weather and good friends each day. It was nice to see everyone again, and I look forward to the next time!

Back