• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is the Kickstand Lodge Rally gone forever?

I am probably not going to make it. My son has an inoperable brain stem tumor and chemo/radiation is only keeping it from growing larger. I will be driving to Indiana during that time to go visit him for a week or longer.
David, I am so sorry to read this.

I happened to see the below on KSL's Facebook page. I interpret it to mean that we won't be able to arrive on Wednesday 5/31. I may stay at Blueridge MC Campground for a night, then head over on Thursday.

"The Kickstand Lodge will be open Memorial Day weekend (Thursday 5/25) until Labor Day weekend (Monday 9/4) Thursday through Sunday.
Call or email to make a reservation regardless of where you want to sleep.
Bring your own groceries and good time.
See you in the mountains!
If my folks choosing to slow down and have a little less stress is problem for you well… maybe it’s time you move on."

I happened to see the below on KSL's Facebook page. I interpret it to mean that we won't be able to arrive on Wednesday 5/31. I may stay at Blueridge MC Campground for a night, then head over on Thursday.

"The Kickstand Lodge will be open Memorial Day weekend (Thursday 5/25) until Labor Day weekend (Monday 9/4) Thursday through Sunday.
Call or email to make a reservation regardless of where you want to sleep.
Bring your own groceries and good time.
See you in the mountains!
If my folks choosing to slow down and have a little less stress is problem for you well… maybe it’s time you move on.”

Good catch and thanks for posting. I will plan to arrive at Kickstand on Thursday by mid day. After Sunday I’ll probably head up the BRP and camp along the way.

I emailed Kickstand Lodge and quickly received an acknowledgment that a tent site would be available for me 6/1-6/4.

I checked in with Blueridge MC Campground and they said the bridge repair is taking longer than expected and they won't be open by end of month.

I’m packing up today and probably leaving Wednesday to be at Kickstand Lodge by Thursday. Is anyone else still planning to go?

I'm packing up today and heading out tomorrow. I'm meeting Allen from ST Owners (FJR) and Les should be coming too.
My plan was to ride out tomorrow, however, my wife is feeling ill, and an older brother is in ICU in Ohio. I was going to go see my brother, although with the wife being ill, I’ve decided not to go. In April I went to Florida to be with another one of my older brothers as he passed away. His was quick. Three weeks after he was told he had cancer, he passed away. He had no previous signs of illnesses.
So, I would prefer to come out to kickstand. I’ll see how the wife feels tomorrow morning, and find out how my brother is doing tonight.

My plan was to ride out tomorrow, however, my wife is feeling ill, and an older brother is in ICU in Ohio. I was going to go see my brother, although with the wife being ill, I’ve decided not to go. In April I went to Florida to be with another one of my older brothers as he passed away. His was quick. Three weeks after he was told he had cancer, he passed away. He had no previous signs of illnesses.
So, I would prefer to come out to kickstand. I’ll see how the wife feels tomorrow morning, and find out how my brother is doing tonight.
I hope you can make it Les. How was your BDR ride?

It was a lot of fun and tough going too. Made six successful water crossings that were deeper than they looked. One was over the top of my boots. Learning which DCT setting worked best was interesting. Off Road mode worked best for me. I believe full manual mode would have been good too. My tires, Michelin Anakee Adventure, were not suited for the gravel roads and packed forest roads. Next trip I would go with something like the Dunlops which are rated 50/50. It’ll be awhile before I attempt that again, not until I put better tires on.

Good to see you at KSL Greg! I had a great time riding with fantastic weather the whole time. Thanks for your help finding some "off the beaten path" roads to ride in addition to the usual ones. I hope to find some more next year.

I just got home from Kickstand Lodge an hour ago. I did 1,880 miles in six days on the NC, and camped each night. I brought along most all my food with me; I only purchased 4 restaurant meals on the whole trip. My wife asked if I had gotten the riding urge out of my system for awhile; I said yes, I did.

I found so much interesting stuff by getting off the main roads. Even the final leg getting home today was fun. I found an old railroad bridge over the Wabash River that had been converted to a one lane vehicle traffic toll bridge. That was so cool, I’ll report on it separately. I even stopped at Moonshine Store on the way home.

It was nice seeing you at KSL, Robbie. I hope to go again next year, and maybe I’ll see you and some other familiar faces then, too.

I just got home from Kickstand Lodge an hour ago. I did 1,880 miles in six days on the NC, and camped each night. I brought along most all my food with me; I only purchased 4 restaurant meals on the whole trip. My wife asked if I had gotten the riding urge out of my system for awhile; I said yes, I did.

I found so much interesting stuff by getting off the main roads. Even the final leg getting home today was fun. I found an old railroad bridge over the Wabash River that had been converted to a one lane vehicle traffic toll bridge. That was so cool, I’ll report on it separately. I even stopped at Moonshine Store on the way home.

It was nice seeing you at KSL, Robbie. I hope to go again next year, and maybe I’ll see you and some other familiar faces then, too.
I have ridden across that old railroad toll bridge. It is not for the faint of heart. Don't know what it is currently like, but when I rode it, the riding surface was wood with missing planks.

Im sad that I missed the gathering this year. It has been a tough year on family with medical issues, death of one older brother and close calls with another older brother and my step-dad. Both of them were in the hospital at the same time. My wife is keeping track of how many days I’ve been gone this year. I’ve retired and been away from home more days than I’d been home. I thought that is how retirement was supposed to be. Family illnesses don’t count as motorcycle trips, just because I ride the bike to get there.
Hope to see you guys next year. Robbie, maybe I’ll see you and Allen sooner.

Im sad that I missed the gathering this year. It has been a tough year on family with medical issues, death of one older brother and close calls with another older brother and my step-dad. Both of them were in the hospital at the same time. My wife is keeping track of how many days I’ve been gone this year. I’ve retired and been away from home more days than I’d been home. I thought that is how retirement was supposed to be. Family illnesses don’t count as motorcycle trips, just because I ride the bike to get there.
Hope to see you guys next year. Robbie, maybe I’ll see you and Allen sooner.
Yes, it’s too bad you missed it this year, but it’s never too early to plan for next year.

Back