• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Interesting Twist

Yea, i heard that this morning also, Arizona having snow and canceling some motorcycle show or something because of it. I have a daughter that lives in southern AZ and all she talks about is the heat and how dry it is.

Especially when we are in the midst of a 20 year drought.... The desert southwest only on average gets 12"/year of rain. In the last 20 years or so we on met or exceeded that number once. Love that moisture.. Plus remember it was all gone on the desert floor by 11am.

Wednesday, I had to go to Santa Fe from home, about 50 miles at 5000 to 7000 feet elevation. It was cloudy and windy but dry when I left at 9am. Went over the La Bajada hill and what comes into view is a big line of sleet about a third of the way into town. Pucker time... Went on for another couple of miles but when the sleet starts collecting on the Shoei faceshield, it was time to turn and run. I looped around at the 599 bypass and turned back into a 30 mph side/headwind with sleet for a mile or so. Rear end was slipping a bit and I was trying to get past cagers who were impeding southward progress. Made it home without incident at a steady 80, wind slowed me on the uphills to mid 70's in sixth gear. Should have downshifted, but I was just being stubborn. Naturally when I drove the car back, an hour later, there was no snow in sight. Desert=dry, Sleet=evaporation.

]Fuelly | Share and Compare Your MPG
156414.png

Last edited:
Back