• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I don't have an NC700x pic thread...

Hi Robb, it is not correct for the photos to depict the bike going "offroad". It does not do well offroad. The tires are road tires. Just my 2 cents. :D

just wish my Japanese was better... AFA off road capability is concerned, different tyres like Pirelli Scorpions would make a world of difference. Really good all round (no pun) on-off road. Just watch that ground clearance!

Hi Robb, it is not correct for the photos to depict the bike going "offroad". It does not do well offroad. The tires are road tires. Just my 2 cents. :D

Why is not correct? If I take a pic of my GL1200 on gravel/dirt, does that make it in appropriate?
From the pics that I could see, I have had my GL1200 on worse conditions.
Thanks for the pics RobbMeex!

Why is not correct? If I take a pic of my GL1200 on gravel/dirt, does that make it in appropriate?
From the pics that I could see, I have had my GL1200 on worse conditions.
Thanks for the pics RobbMeex!

Yeah thanks Robb for the pics.

Hi Turbo, GL1200 on dirt? Come on show some pics?
:p I get what you mean.

What I mean is that the first link (first 2 pics with rider standing up and the other going through some gravel roads/forest background) seems to imply offroad capabilities of the NCX, and it is not quite correct to depict the bike as such a machine.

Of course any bike with the right choice of knobbies, etc can tackle a good deal of dirt.

BTW, are there "offroad" tires for our 17inch rims?
Not motorcross but something inbetween like Metzeler Tourance? (I'm not sure if these are still available).
If and when my original tires go out, I will fit these dual-purpose tires (i.e. if they are available).
The front is the "problem" i think. Usually these tires come in 19inch or 21 in front.

What do you think?

Last edited:

I never used Avon before. I love Metzelers, they stick to the road like glue.

It would be nice if they put a 19/21 on the front though.

If you mean to make it fit 19/21 infront now, I think this will require lots of mod to the fork length, wheel cover, etc.
Sigh. I am too old for that type of work now.

If you do it, please post pics.
:D

Raising the front fender wouldn't be that difficult but it works for me the way it is, 99% of the time I'm on pavement anyway. The dual sport tires that already exist for this bike would handle the 1% I'm on, and thats dirt/gravel and roads hard pack fire trails.
I have had my Suzuki GS1100E, GL1200 and Yamaha XS500 down those same trails and roads.
I have had my GL on roads that the gravel was too deep for my liking, but if I need to get there I don't let that stop me.
I've also used all except the GL and NC in the fields to check livestock. But the TW200 or Eiger beats them all hands down.
I wouldn't take the NC or the GL in mud by choice, but the NC is a lot easier than my previous street bikes.

Ok, onroad it is...
457285_392510480807397_844080214_o.jpg

Back