• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I can't decide between OEM sidebags and Trekker 33 side bags

I have Givi Monokey cases that I used on my VFR (and still do). But, if I could pick any cases I'd choose the trekkers as they have the top opening feature which is quite awesome and handy to have. The SW motec brackets are best, but more expensive. You can take them off easily when not using the side cases.

I have givi mounts with 3 Trekkers. You stated that you didn't want the top mount but don't discount that option so fast. Without a top mount you are stuck with just side mounts only. If you spend the extra 100 it gets you a rack that you can tie stuff to and in those cases where you don't want all your storage, just simply mount one box on the rear. For me, I use all three everyday I ride. I usually ride with full gear on so when I go somewhere I usually put my helmet in the top, pants in the side and boots in the other side. On my way to work I usually have my computer in my backpack in the top box.

If I were you I would consider the top mount just to have that extra flexibility

Last edited:
I have givi mounts with 3 Trekkers. You stated that you didn't want the top mount but don't discount that option so fast. Without a top mount you are stick with just side mounts only. If you spend the extra 100 it gets you a rack that you can tie stuff to and in those cases where you don't want all your storage just simply out one box on the rear. For me, I use all three everyday I ride. I usually ride with full gear on so when I go somewhere I usually put my helmet in the top, pants in the side and boots in the other side. On my way to work I usually have my computer in my backpack in the top box.

If I were you I would consider the top mount just to have that extra flexibility

This describes me to a T which is why I ahve all three. I would not be able to use this bike to commute to work with only side cases.

Trekkar.. I looked at both too. What I wish I did was go with the outback but I couldn't. They came out like a week later after I ordered mine! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the OEM, really like the look, wish the side cases were a little bit deeper, but the ease of on and off along with the one key system makes up for it I think.

Attachments

• DSCF5522.jpg
    DSCF5522.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 654
Opted for Trekker, though now that I see the TraX from SW Motech, wonder if I should have waited. They are pretty darn cool as well and possibly less expensive. Haven't priced it out because I don't really want to know. Wanted the bike to carry more crap as take up more visual space for the distracted cagers on the freeway. Strongly recommend the top case with side cases. Just looks right and carries a LOT of stuff. Like 4 bags of groceries; gym clothes, work stuff, rain gear, and lunch. Wish the Trekkers went quite so idiot-proof. Can't leave them closed but unlocked. Guess I'll never lock my keys in there, but paranoia kept that from happening with my Scarabeo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Opted for Trekker, though now that I see the TraX from SW Motech, wonder if I should have waited. They are pretty darn cool as well and possibly less expensive. Haven't priced it out because I don't really want to know. Wanted the bike to carry more crap as take up more visual space for the distracted cagers on the freeway. Strongly recommend the top case with side cases. Just looks right and carries a LOT of stuff. Like 4 bags of groceries; gym clothes, work stuff, rain gear, and lunch. Wish the Trekkers went quite so idiot-proof. Can't leave them closed but unlocked. Guess I'll never lock my keys in there, but paranoia kept that from happening with my Scarabeo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I looked at the Trekker bags when at the Givi Tent at Daytona. They are surely real nice.6.jpg

SmileyGooglyEyes.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Great conversation. I was looking at The GV Trekker cases and didn't even know that SW-M made cases. And this is why we have a forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer the after market bags to the OEM bags because you can attach tool tubes to the bag mounting brackets on the after market bags. The way the OEM bags are designed you can not attach tool tubes.5.jpg

SmileyInternationalHarvester.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer the after market bags to the OEM bags because you can attach tool tubes to the bag mounting brackets on the after market bags. The way the OEM bags are designed you can not attach tool tubes.

Unfortunately you are right. I tried to make it work somehow someway but just didn't have enough clearance from the rear tire IMO. If I'd only known.

Back