• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I Bought It!

While I have everyone's attention, any suggestions for a quality tire hugger? Not a big fan of the carbon fibre look. Givi?

This question comes up monthly, so try a little searching. Personally, I have the Skidmarx, but there are about a dozen brands out there.

I like the skidmarx.I also like the looks of twisted throttle,but would never spend that much for it.

This question comes up monthly, so try a little searching. Personally, I have the Skidmarx, but there are about a dozen brands out there.

US seller for a hugger? When I google search everthing comes up out of Europe. I found a US seller for Pyramid huggers but want something that incorporates a chain guard.

Last edited:
US seller for a hugger? When I google search everthing comes up out of Europe. I found a US seller for Pyramid huggers but want something that incorporates a chain guard.

I bought the SkidMarx here from a seller in Florida: Fairings, Huggers, Undertail, Seat Cowel, Screen, Belly Pan, Fender Extender :: Streetfighters by Design

The Skidmarx includes a chain guard, and has lots of clearance should you change tire sizes or tend to ride through mud. The hugger is made of fiberglass and has a gel coat finish, like a boat hull. This is nice and durable but the gloss finish doesn't really match the rest of the bike plastic. I painted mine Textured Rustoleum black which matches the black plastic bits on the bike.

Check ebay for other possible US sellers.

They don't have a listing for the NC700X bikes. Pyramid index 2

Did you call them to get your hugger? I've done the Ebay thing everything seems to be offshore.

Yes I called them to order it. It was a year ago. I'd call them and ask, as their Web site is a bit lacking in detail.

Yours looks awesome - where did you get the Tail Tidy? How was installation? The two things on my list are 1- Tail Tidy and 2- Exhaust.

Thanks Ronsaw - Tail tidy is from R & G Racing here in the UK. They ship wordwide and I'm really pleased with it. It was part of the pre collection package I arranged with my dealer.

They fitted the IXIL, hugger, indies and tail tidy so I'm afraid I can't say how easy or difficult it was to fit. However, it probably wasn't a big deal as I've fitted their stuff before with no probs.

That's an awesome muffler. Thanks for posting now I have to spend more money! I've been sick today so spending the day inside and buying "stuff" for the new bike.

Thanks Ruggy - IXIL can really brings out the great exhaust note - very V twin-ish.

As a Canadian, did you notice the 'Toronto' license plate?

Welcome to the forum! The bike looks great! Black will stand out well in the snow.
You will need a heated seat, studded tires and a Winnipeg Jets /Bombers logo on the side. ;)
Man you guys have had a cold winter! Hopefully you will have a great riding season!
PS... Go Canucks (or Lions) ....

As a Canadian, did you notice the 'Toronto' license plate?

I missed it until you said something and then I went back to look for it. I was wondering if you had a Timmy's sticker or something. I'll be flying into YYZ in a few months to visit family over Canada Day on the 1st of July.

I understand that there are no special order personal plates in Britain but that folks get plates that through luck that sort of spell out something and then sell them for potentially large sums of money. Any Canuck bikers from T'ranah (Toronto) that would pay up for your plate?

I understand that there are no special order personal plates in Britain but that folks get plates that through luck that sort of spell out something and then sell them for potentially large sums of money. Any Canuck bikers from T'ranah (Toronto) that would pay up for your plate?

there is but usually car drivers pay top dollars for short reg/plates.
we call them personal no plates.
if I wanted JMK
this can cost me from £750 to nearly two grand. $1250 to $3260

Regtransfers.co.uk ::: Your Search Results

I missed it until you said something and then I went back to look for it. I was wondering if you had a Timmy's sticker or something. I'll be flying into YYZ in a few months to visit family over Canada Day on the 1st of July.

I'm in civil aviation so the option for 'YYZ' when the dealer said 'choose a plate' made it a good choice (not that 99% of people would realise!)

No, you can't buy special order plates as such but 'personalised' or 'cherished' plates are big business here.

I have two on retention, one of which I'll have transferred to my X shortly.

One is MD11 FLY - I bought this plate in 2011 for just under £400 and realised that the licensing agency had missed a trick. An MD11 is an aircraft, successor to the DC10 if you like (sorry if you know this). I recently had it valued independently and it's now for sale at just over £3000.

If it sells, fair enough, if not I'm happy to keep it.

Dealer called today and the bike is assembled. Just waiting for the accessories to come in and I'm down to pick it up. They are consigning my Yamaha FZ1 for cost around $500 when it sells which I feel is worth it. Hate the idea of someone test riding it.

Salesman took this pic after it was put together. I actually wanted one while it was in the crate.

2014-04-23

Dealer called today and the bike is assembled.

Salesman took this pic after it was put together. I actually wanted one while it was in the crate.

2014-04-23

Crated, it might have looked something like this. Looks like very little left for the dealer to "put together."
image.jpg

Don't know what's in the box. But next time a dealer charges for a "prep" or "set up" fee, ask what's involved in the set up. It doesn't look like much. I'd actually prefer they just give it to me in the crate.

They may have to switch/change/add oil (motorcycles used to ship with a 'shipping oil' don't know if they still do though), charge and connect the battery, may need to add coolant.

Back