• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

hugger

bluecray

Reaction score
Visit site
I've brought a pyramid hugger for two reasons it's cheaper than the skidmark one an it retains the chain cover.

It arrived today but horror! I see it's simply attached by just a single cable tie!!!!!!

Did anyone else buy this one and what did you think?

I've brought a pyramid hugger for two reasons it's cheaper than the skidmark one an it retains the chain cover.

It arrived today but horror! I see it's simply attached by just a single cable tie!!!!!!

Did anyone else buy this one and what did you think?

I was a little suspect at first but:

Mine is installed and works perfect. If you install as per the instructions tighten the large heavy duty cable tie it will be fine. The round bottom piece on the hugger indexes or fits in the round hole in the suspension. The instructions say you will not break the tie......they are right that sucker is tough. After fitting tighten it does not move. I tightened my tie by gripping the tie near the lock and using a 12" long needle nose pliers rolled the tie onto the pliers nose tighter and tighter.

The price is the only minor objection I have to the part. But it does fit, does protect and is a slim design. It looks like it came on the bike stock.

Putting mine on in about half an hour, and the plastic tie is really strong. Looks great, too.

bluecray, just a little warning: Make sure there's plenty of light, have it on a centerstand, paddock stand, milk crate, jackstand, or something where there's room to get under, and go slow. If you tighten the thing a little too much and the hugger is off center, you will have to cut it to get the hugger moved. Don't ask me how I know. Be patient. I wish I had bought the skidmark now.

before you put the tie on wrap some tape around the frame to protect the paint.
these are notorious for rubbing paint off no matter how tight it maybe.

Now the snow has finally gone I've fitted it, thou there's a clearance moulded in the hugger to clear the brake line mounting plastic I didn't like it, so I grinded a bit off the hugger to give more clearance before fitting.

As someone else also said on here it certainly looks part of the bike.

I've now decided I don't like the plastic cable tie, what if after a few years it goes brittle and snaps??

I've brought off eBay a 3 metre "make your own length jubilee clip"

Now fitted that and am much happier :)

Back