• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to make it faster

Agent

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently watched a YouTube documentary called Fifty Years of Kicks. These two older riders were talking about their time riding off road. One of the guys said something that I thought was funny considering how many people are looking for ways to make the NC faster. He said that a boy came to him after buying his first motorcycle and told the older man that he had $300 left. The boy then asked what he could buy for $300 that would make it faster. The old man just looked at him and said, "Run $300 worth of gas through that thing and you'll be a lot faster."

Lose weight, it works for everything else

back in the day when I raced bicycles, I remember reading an interview with Eddy Merckx (possibly the most accomplished racing cyclist of all time).
Someone asked him
"what will make a cyclist go faster?"
and his reply was
"lose 5 lbs..."

back in the day when I raced bicycles, I remember reading an interview with Eddy Merckx (possibly the most accomplished racing cyclist of all time).
Someone asked him
"what will make a cyclist go faster?"
and his reply was
"lose 5 lbs..."
Another bicycle racer here who still races a little but can't afford to lose any weight (6', 150 on a heavy day). Eddy Mercks also said that one of the reasons he was so good was his capacity for suffering on a bike. That one quote gave me inspiration and made me realize that I wasn't suffering enough, as strange as that sounds. It can be a cruel sport. He was definitely the greatest cyclist of all time, more than 500 professional victories. I know that Eddy Merckx is a little off-topic but he is one of my heroes.

Fortunately, we don't have to suffer on our NC's.:)

Last edited:
Back