• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How Tall Are You?

Bines

Reaction score
Visit site
The NC is taller than my last bike. I'm 5'7" barefoot, and not long legged. 30" inseam.

How tall are you and how does the NC fit? How's your footing when stopped?

6'1, ~35"inseam. The NC is a bit short. 1" fork extenders, seat slope mod and additional padding, and lowering pegs makes it fit better. Now I'm flat footed with not so much bend in the knee when stopped.

I am also 5'7 with 30" inseam. The NC700X fits me ok, I guess. the seat height is probably as tall as I can possibly manage. I am tip-toing at a stop (both feet) and can flat foot on one foot if I shift my butt a bit. The reach to handle bar is now much better with the Roxy 2" raiser. The foot pegs are a bit too close. I can use a bit more room while riding.

I'm 5'10" with about a 31" inseam and pretty long arms. The NC fits perfect. I rolled the bars back a bit and that was it. I stand at stops on the balls of my feet or if I stretch I can be flat footed. Riding the pegs are great I can put my toes on them and be sport bikey, with my arches on them I'm sitting straight up and can cruise all day and when I need to I can stand almost straight up and keep both hands on the grips. Perfect.

Started out 5' 8"-ish, but with age and collapsing vertebra I'm closer to 5' 7" - ish now, lol

30" inseam give or take, short stubby blacksmith barrel chest and arms. The reach was cured with the Rox risers/backs, and maybe that's another thing I like about the OEM NCX seat, I can scoot forward closer to the tank, where it's a wee bit narrower, allowing almost full flat footing. If I'm back with my butt hitting the passenger seat, my heels end up being about an inch up off the ground.

That's with minor preload and roughly 30% suspension sag, btw. With the preload cranked front and rear for more offroad ground clearance, it's more tippy toes or one firm foot, the other up in the air.

Piled on with luggage, minor preload isn't enough to be able to deploy the kickstand properly, max preload makes it too tippy the other way. It has to be juuuuuust right lol.

I'm 5'8" with 32" inseam and proportional arm length. I flat foot the NC but if it were much higher and I wouldn't be able to. The riding position is much better with 2 inch bar risers angled to move the bars back and up about the same amount. I feel situated right when I sit in the front to middle of the seat (fore and aft). I usually ride with my heels on the passenger pegs, ie, my feet are under me, not forward. I still wish the bars were a little closer to me but overall it fits fairly well.

Last edited:
5'10 32 inseam.can't flat foot but most of my foot is down.riding boots help.also the Corbin seat got me a little lower.

I'm 5'-5", used to be 5'-6" but age (64) is taking its toll. I order pants from Lands' End with a 27 3/4" inseam length. I can manage my stock height NC700XD pretty well with my tall boots on. The OP might be interested in my thread on the lower Daytona seat:

Daytona Seat from Web!ke

5'7"/30" inseam. I can get enough of my feet down on the ground at the stops. Stock seat, stock bar risers, but I did roll the bars back. I do feel like I'm reaching for the bars but haven't committed to trying risers yet.

My daughter now has the NC700, and she is probably 5' 4". I used adjustable links to drop the rear, along with about a 1" fork drop. She still had to buy riding boots with 1" soles in order to be able to plant the balls of her feet and feel comfortable at a stop. We were discussing a custom seat, but that's no longer necessary. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

6'4"

At a stop I can flat foot with both feet, and a slight bend in the knee... I can stand up and put a inch or two between my *** and the seat.
The bike feels kind of cramped on longer rides, I'll regularly push myself back onto the pillion and ride from back there to stretch my legs, every couple of hours or so.

I haven't made any adjustment to how the bike fits (no lowering or raising or bar risers, or anything like that) If anything I'd want to lower the pegs (but they've already scrapped on tight corners) or put on highway pegs to give my feet some place to go that is a bit further away than the stock pegs.

I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. I can get both feet down, probably not flat footing, but solid enough. With the stock seat I could flat foot, but the Seat Concepts raised me up a bit. Everything else on my NC is just like it came from the dealer and I don't really have any problem with it.

6'2" flat footed at stops. I have raised the seat 1" and got the 2" Rox Risers. I guess I'm about as comfortable as I can be on a motorcycle - I like it just fine.

5'11", and a 33" inseam in jeans would be about perfect (can't hardly ever find 'em, though).
I can flat foot the NCX easily, and can still juuust flat foot it with my Shad seat, whose front has been raised.

The NCX's pegs are too close for me, just like pretty well every Honda I've ever had or ridden. Sliding to the pillion seat _really_ helps, but I don't like leaning and reaching so far to the bars, so I don't do it muc . I have highway pegs and they're helpful to let me change position for a few minutes.

Thanks.

Seems like people of similar sizes still fit differently on this bike. I want at least the balls of my feet on the ground when stopped. It's a personal preference.

Back