• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How not to ride a motorcycle.....

Boys will be boys. Did you see the huge letters SLOW? That drop off looked fairly big. He is lucky he didn't end up worse.

I gotta say that it appears he is simply a terrible rider and/or was riding well beyond his capabilities. That turn wasn't that sharp even for his speed. He just blew the line/apex in a big way. What's that they say, "Never ride your bike anywhere that your brain hasn't already been 2 seconds before".? Maybe it's 5 seconds but I like 2 seconds better.

It looks to me like he started going around the corner and the fixated on the car around the bend which made him more or less aim straight for it. Still, a bone head by all accounts.

Faster isn't always better. I do like the speed limit signs they have,easy to see with the red around it.

Friend of mine sent me this yesterday. I love that the video seems to be blaming the road, when almost anyone who rides a bike can see that it was the riders own fault he crashed. Riding outside his ability, but not the bike's ability (he was nowhere near max lean angle), and target fixation. He is very lucky he was not hurt worse. Maybe he will get a smaller bike and learn some more.

Faster isn't always better.

I would have to agree with statement. The rider had plenty of time "Hit the Brakes and Downshift Quickly". I've been in some "Hairy" situations at times in the past 27 years of riding. Better to "Slow Down Quickly or Stop" and live another day without a trip to the Emergency Room.

It's all a "State" of mind, just because you can "Go Really Fast", doesn't mean "You Should".

High Levels of Testosterone, Very Little Experience, and Lots of Horsepower are a recipe for "Disaster".

If I were to write as a mathematical formula, it would look like this, Testosterone X Experience X Horsepower.

The level of the possible "Disaster" will increase if any of the variables increases. At some point it will reach "Critical Mass" and "A Disaster is Imminent".

That guy on the Ducati just had some bad luck. He wasn't getting to crazy. Maybe going a little fast. I don't know where the car was that he just passed on the left but it seems like he could have power past it and got back to the left lane in time. I can't listen to the audio but he looked like he was really hurting.

If "bad luck" is a nice way of saying "stupid", then I agree with you.

He had ample time to decelerate when he saw the car turn. His decision to pass between the car and the curb was where he screwed up. Real bad idea.

I damned near took out a squid in Tokyo a few days ago in my tractor-trailer. I was making a left (we drive on the left) at a major intersection with lots of pedestrians, so I was sitting there patiently checking for pedestrians both ways, but with myself far out into the intersection. Just as I find everything all clear and safe to go and start moving, here comes a squid on a Zephyr who came around my right side and darted right under my nose because he couldn't wait to reach his destination.....about 200m away. If I didn't have a habit of always looking even where (ESPECIALLY where) I know nobody is supposed to be, I would have creamed him.

Just because a bike will fit into a narrow space is no reason to always try it. Sometimes those narrow spaces unexpectedly get a hell of a lot narrower, real quick, as Ducati Dude found out the hard way.

That guy on the Ducati just had some bad luck. He wasn't getting to crazy. Maybe going a little fast. I don't know where the car was that he just passed on the left but it seems like he could have power past it and got back to the left lane in time. I can't listen to the audio but he looked like he was really hurting.

Sorry Serg, but this wasn't bad luck, this was being a bad motorcyclist. 1. He probably was speeding by quite a bit the way he passed the vehicle at beginning of the video, 2. The car turning in front of him was quite a distance away when he turned and he turned into the correct lane. 3. The motorcyclist didn't attempt to slow down or change lanes-he had plenty of time/distance to do both, 4. His major mistake was trying to split between the car and the curb and tires slid against the curb, if he would have passed on the left, no accident.

Sorry Serg, but this wasn't bad luck, this was being a bad motorcyclist. 1. He probably was speeding by quite a bit the way he passed the vehicle at beginning of the video, 2. The car turning in front of him was quite a distance away when he turned and he turned into the correct lane. 3. The motorcyclist didn't attempt to slow down or change lanes-he had plenty of time/distance to do both, 4. His major mistake was trying to split between the car and the curb and tires slid against the curb, if he would have passed on the left, no accident.

I agree he was an idoit too. I guess I'm comparing him to how I used to ride and stuff I see around the town I live in now. There is a group of young riders in my town doing much much worse that what he did. Based off what you see in the video seems he would have had plenty of time to clear the car he passed and gotten back in the left lane to get around that van. I really don't know why he stayed inthe right lane after passing. JMO

I agree he was an idoit too. I guess I'm comparing him to how I used to ride and stuff I see around the town I live in now. There is a group of young riders in my town doing much much worse that what he did. Based off what you see in the video seems he would have had plenty of time to clear the car he passed and gotten back in the left lane to get around that van. I really don't know why he stayed inthe right lane after passing. JMO

Are you familiar with that old radio program called something like: "...and now for the rest of the story" ?

The basic premise was, a pretty darned reasonable explanation would be given for someone's actions, slanting your take on what they did was either smart, or dumb, or for a good cause, highlighting their guilt or innocence etc., etc., and then you would be told the "real" story, prompting amazement and shock at how things can fake you out.

For Ducati dude, a previous video he made while riding this bike, with speakers turned on, is a must to really set the stage for proper understanding of the guy, lol

Panigale Series - Episode 1 - I got a Ducati Panigale! - YouTube

There is a group of young riders in my town doing much much worse that what he did.

Funny you mention this.
When I was a young lad, attending Cabot HS, there was a punk kid who was in my same class. He had a (insert overly powerful and inappropriate for a 17 year old kid motorcycle here) crotch rocket. One day, as he was showing off, he did a wheelie in the school parking lot then accelerated hard. A truck stopped short in front of him. He rear-ended the truck, slid up on his tank, ruptured both of his testicles, then flew over the bike into the bed of the truck. He survived. Well, mostly.

It was at that point where I actually insisted that I wouldn't ride a motorcycle. It was only after 15 years of seeing others ride responsibly that I changed my mind.

Back