• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How not to ride a motorcycle.....

The problem wasn't the lock. The problem was not having the lanyard over the throttle grip. The whole point of having it there instead of anywhere else on the bike is so that it gets in the way of your hand and you can't possibly fail to notice it. Attaching it anywhere else on the bike than right smack in the middle of one of the grips is meaningless.

I was just thinking about that lanyard and how to remember to place it on the throttle. While I'm assembling the lock on the wheel I'll keep the loop on my finger during the entire process and not leave the bike until it's hung on the throttle. Or just hang it on the throttle first then install the lock on the wheel.

That should do it...I hope:cool:.

Last edited:
The problem wasn't the lock. The problem was not having the lanyard over the throttle grip. The whole point of having it there instead of anywhere else on the bike is so that it gets in the way of your hand and you can't possibly fail to notice it. Attaching it anywhere else on the bike than right smack in the middle of one of the grips is meaningless.

If you look closely then you see, that the lanyard can not be attached to the throttle grip. And the lanyard itself is not long enough to fix it any other good place. I have a phone holder and thats where its attached now.

If you look closely then you see, that the lanyard can not be attached to the throttle grip. And the lanyard itself is not long enough to fix it any other good place. I have a phone holder and thats where its attached now.

The sole purpose of the lanyard is to be in the way of operating the motorcycle. It isn't to keep the lock from falling off and hitting the ground. There's no point in having a lanyard attached anywhere if it doesn't immediately and unfailingly force you to notice the lock hasn't been removed. Hence there is no good place for it other than right in the middle of a grip, preferably the throttle grip. You can't ride without operating the throttle and you can't grip the throttle without noticing the lanyard.

I suppose looping it over the gear shift or rear brake pedal might be a somewhat acceptable alternative, but nothing is as sure as the throttle.

The sole purpose of the lanyard is to be in the way of operating the motorcycle. It isn't to keep the lock from falling off and hitting the ground. There's no point in having a lanyard attached anywhere if it doesn't immediately and unfailingly force you to notice the lock hasn't been removed. Hence there is no good place for it other than right in the middle of a grip, preferably the throttle grip. You can't ride without operating the throttle and you can't grip the throttle without noticing the lanyard.

I suppose looping it over the gear shift or rear brake pedal might be a somewhat acceptable alternative, but nothing is as sure as the throttle.

As I said, IF you look the video, you see that I have a muffs, which are on the way and lanyard is not long enough to get around them. I know why the lanyard is in the package, but its too short and there is no good place to put it, so I could see it. Now i have a phone holder and the lanyard is attached to it. But before that I had no good place to put it. Simply the lanyard was too short to be seen.

Back